Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo)
Wachovia was aquired by Wells Fargo on 20 Mar 2010
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders Group BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI (part of Verizon) McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
Author: DiversityInc [USA]
1. Verizon Communications/Wireless 2. Consolidated Edison Co. of New York 3. The Coca-Cola Co. 4. Health Care Service Corp. 5. HBO [part of Time Warner] 6. PricewaterhouseCoopers 7. Turner Broadcasting [part of Time Warner] 8. Abbott 9. BellSouth 10....
- Related stories: USA: Survey lists "Top 50 Companies for Diversity" - top 5 are Verizon, Con Edison, Coca-Cola, Health Care Service, HBO
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Allstate Altria American Express AT&T Bank of America Bausch & Lomb BellSouth (now AT&T) Bloomingdales (part of Macy's) Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comerica Con Edison Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Darden Restaurants EY (Ernst & Young) Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford HBO (part of Time Warner) HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IKON Kaiser Permanente Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Macy's Marriott Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) MGM Resorts Novartis PepsiCo Prudential Financial SC Johnson Sempra Energy Sodexo Sprint Starbucks Starwood Hotels SunTrust Banks Time Warner Toyota Turner Broadcasting (part of Time Warner) Verizon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wellpoint Wells Fargo
Author: Environmental Finance
Four US utilities have bowed to shareholder pressure and agreed to disclose their carbon dioxide emissions, as well as their potential liability to future regulation. Great Plains Energy in Missouri, and three utilities based in Wisconsin - Alliant...
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
Wells Fargo & Co., the No. 5 U.S. bank, on Monday said it will tighten its lending standards to address potential environmental risks, but the policy met resistance from an advocacy group that has pushed several banks to be more eco-friendly. ...
- Related stories: USA: Wells Fargo adopts policy to address environmental risks of projects supported by its loans, but NGO says policy is still too weak
- Related companies: Bank of America Citigroup Goldman Sachs John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) JPMorgan Chase Manulife Financial SunTrust Banks US Bancorp Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wells Fargo
Wachovia apologizes for slavery ties - Bank satisfies Chicago ordinance requiring companies with city contracts to disclose slavery ties [USA]
Author: Katie Benner, CNN/Money
Wachovia Corporation has apologized for its ties to slavery after disclosing that two of its historical predecessors owned slaves and accepted them as payment. [also refers to Georgia Railroad and Banking Company, Bank of Charleston (now both part of...
Oil and gas companies, electric power producers, real estate firms, manufacturers, financial institutions, and automakers face a record number of global warming resolutions that have been filed by shareholders for the 2005 proxy season, according to...
- Related companies: Allergan American Electric Power Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Analog Devices Apache Avery Dennison Centex Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Corning Dominion Resources Dow Chemical ExxonMobil FirstEnergy Ford General Motors JPMorgan Chase Lennar Marathon Oil Newell Rubbermaid Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Simon Property Southern Company Tesoro TXU Unocal (part of Chevron) Vintage Petroleum Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wells Fargo XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil)
Author: Richard Burnett, Orlando Sentinel [USA]
[US] Bank officials say the help [for tsunami victims] so far is only the first installment in a broader, long-term effort. [refers to Bank of America, SunTrust Banks, Wachovia]
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
Bank of America Corp. on Monday joined Citigroup Inc. in tightening lending standards for project financing to address potential environmental risks...The other companies targeted in Rainforest's campaign are Bank One Corp., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., J...