Wal-Mart de Mexico
Headquarters in Mexico
Wal-Mart de Mexico website: www.walmartmexico.com.mx
As a result of our auditing process, the Narong Seafood facility was red-disapproved in June 2012. Walmart does not – and will not – tolerate child labor of any type in our supply chain. We continue to work with our key partners, including United...
- Related stories: Thailand: Report alleges child labour and worker rights abuses at Walmart shrimp supplier; Walmart says facility had been disapproved
- This is a response from the following companies: Wal-Mart de Mexico
Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) did not respond to: AFL-CIO report "Responsibility Outsourced" raises several serious labour rights concerns including anti-union actions, harms to workers' health, harassment at audited & certified factories.
- Related in-depth areas: AFL-CIO report on failures of social audits & certification at protecting workers rights - 2013
- This is a non response from the following companies: Wal-Mart de Mexico
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Throughout January 2013 garment factory workers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, camped out and protested in front of Kingsland factory (part of Gold Ocean) demanding payment of overdue wages and benefits. According to the workers, in September 2012, they...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Garment workers protesting unpaid wages after owners closed factory demand action from H&M and Walmart, which they say bought from the factory
- Related in-depth areas: Striking garment factory workers in Cambodia
- Related companies: H&M Wal-Mart de Mexico Walmart
Author: The New York Times
Wal-Mart longed to build in Elda Pineda’s alfalfa field. It was an ideal location...barely a mile from its ancient pyramids, which draw tourists from around the world...One major obstacle stood in Wal-Mart’s way...the town’s elected leaders had just...
Author: Gretchen Morgenson, New York Times [USA]
Concerned about Wal-Mart’s reported cover-up of bribery in its Mexico operations, leaders of New York City’s pension funds said Monday they would vote their 4.7 million company shares against five directors standing for re-election to the retailer’s...
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
Members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility...are dismayed by recent reports in the New York Times alleging systemic bribery and corruption to facilitate the rapid expansion of their retail operations in Mexico...In a 1999 letter to...