Headquarters in USA
Walgreen website: www.walgreens.com
USA: Pharmacies involved in opioid litigation file subsequent lawsuit against physicians for their role in prescribing opioids
Author: Lenny Bernstein, The Washington Post
"Major drugstore chains sue doctors in sprawling federal opioid case" 8 Jan 2020...
Author: Eric Heisig, Cleveland.com
"Here’s what to expect from the opioid litigation in Cleveland, other states in 2020" 27 Dec 2019...
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Author: Jennifer Y. Hyman, The New York Times
Commentary: Treating workers fairly at Rent the Runway...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: USA: Rise in opioids deaths leads state officials to file claims against drug firms and distributors
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Allergan AmerisourceBergen Cardinal CVS Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Johnson & Johnson Mallinckrodt (part of Tyco) McKesson Teva Pharmaceutical Tyco Walgreen Walmart
USA: Cherokee Nation sues 6 of the largest drug companies over alleged “epidemic” of prescription painkiller abuse leading to deaths
Author: Michael Overall, Tulsa World (USA)
"Cherokee Nation sues drug companies for alleged 'epidemic' of prescription painkiller abuse", 20 Apr 2017...