Headquarters in USA
Walgreen website: www.walgreens.com
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Author: Jennifer Y. Hyman, The New York Times
Commentary: Treating workers fairly at Rent the Runway...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: USA: Rise in opioids deaths leads state officials to file claims against drug firms and distributors
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Allergan AmerisourceBergen Cardinal CVS Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Johnson & Johnson Mallinckrodt (part of Tyco) McKesson Teva Pharmaceutical Tyco Walgreen Walmart
USA: Cherokee Nation sues 6 of the largest drug companies over alleged “epidemic” of prescription painkiller abuse leading to deaths
Author: Michael Overall, Tulsa World (USA)
"Cherokee Nation sues drug companies for alleged 'epidemic' of prescription painkiller abuse", 20 Apr 2017...
Experts from Johnson & Johnson, ING & Walgreens Boots Alliance advise on how to integrate UN Sustainable Development Goals into business strategy
Author: Ethical Corporation
"Business strategy integral to SDG success", Jan 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers