Headquarters in USA
"Almost 5,000 Bangladeshi garment workers sacked over strikes", 29 Jan 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Garment workers protest after minimum wage set at Tk 8,000 (USD96)
- Related companies: H&M Walmart
Author: Al Jazeera
Nearly 5,000 low-paid Bangladeshi garment workers sewing clothes for global brands have been sacked by factory bosses for taking part in strikes over wages earlier this month that turned violent....
Cambodia: Report on brick industry reveals use of garment fabrics to fuel kilns; some companies commit to investigate and take action
The Blood Bricks project looks into modern slavery and debt bondage in the brick-making industry in Cambodia. In 2018, the labour ministry of Cambodia committed to investigate labour-related issues in the brick-making industry as a response to the...
Walmart is committed to responsible sourcing and holding our suppliers to standards of conduct consistent with our Statement of Ethics, which can be found at https://www.walmartethics.com/home.aspx. We take your issue seriously and will be sure to...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Report on brick industry reveals use of garment fabrics to fuel kilns; some companies commit to investigate and take action
- This is a response from the following companies: Walmart
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Apple Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Unilever Walmart Whole Foods Market YUM!
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases
Author: Andrew Ross Sorkin, The New York Times
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. Read the latest briefing here. In 2018 KnowTheChain benchmarked over 120 global companies across the three sec...
Clean Clothes Campaign: 6 years after deadly Tazreen factory fire, Bangladesh risks new wave of factory incidents
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Today marks the sixth anniversary of the deadly Tazreen factory fire, which killed at least 112 workers who were producing clothes for a range of international brands, including Walmart, C&A, El Corte Ingles and KiK. As survivors and families of...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Owners of Tazreen garment factory charged with homicide for fire killing 112 employees claim they are not guilty
- Related companies: C&A El Corte Inglés KiK Walmart
Author: Michael Sainato, Common Dreams
"'They Obviously Can Afford to': Workers Call On Walmart To Raise Minimum Wage to $15 an Hour", 19, November, 2018...
- Related companies: Walmart