Headquarters in USA
We believe in promoting shared value through our business operations and that includes supporting our suppliers and advocating for workers in the supply chain. We appreciate the Oxfam research and report, which sheds light on important issues...
- Related stories: Les supermarchés internationaux manquent de vigilance quant aux conditions de travail dans leurs chaînes d'approvisionnement, selon Oxfam Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Walmart
UK supermarkets admit they cannot guarantee their supply chains are free of soya linked to deforestation despite commitments made
Author: Anna Sophie Gross, Uki Goñi and Bibi van der Zee, The Guardian
"Tesco and M&S likely to have soya linked to deforestation in supply chains", 5 Oct 2019...
Author: Investor Alliance for Human Rights
Members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) and the Investor Alliance for Human Rights announced that they are calling on fellow shareholders in gun maker American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) to support a proposal requesting the...
USA: Walmart to discontinue handgun ammunition sales following civil society pressure after El Paso attack
On August 3, 2019, a man killed 22 people and injured another 24 people with an assualt rifle in a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas. The perpetrator drove about 11 hours from his home in Allen, Texas to the Walmart in El Paso to commit the attack. In...
New ‘industry-driven’ building safety initiative launched in India & Vietnam to promote garment worker safety meets criticism for ignoring ‘vital lessons from the past'
In August 2019, the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH) launched the Life and Building Safety Initiative (LABS) programme in Vietnam and India, which aims to promote safe working conditions in apparel and footwear industries. It is now set to expand to...
... We’re also thinking through the broader issues related to gun violence and things we should do to help create safer communities......
- Related stories: USA: Walmart to discontinue handgun ammunition sales following civil society pressure after El Paso attack
- This is a response from the following companies: Walmart
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Calls for major reforms to UK Modern Slavery Act & mandatory due diligence growing, Ethical Corporation reports
Author: Katherine Steiner-Dicks, Ethical Corporation
"‘We know most global companies have modern slavery in their supply chains’", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: "S Group" Argos (part of Home Retail Group) ASDA (part of Walmart) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) ASOS Barry Callebaut Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Cargill Heineken Home Retail Group Homebase (part of Home Retail Group) John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Rabobank Sainsbury's SNS Reaal Tesco Tony's Chocoloney Travis Perkins Vedanta Resources Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Wickes
« Malgré les tueries dans ses magasins, Walmart continuera de vendre des armes », 4 août 2019...
- Related companies: Walmart