Headquarters in USA
Author: Sam Levin, The Guardian (USA)
"Four women allege discrimination in major Disney pay gap case", 5 Jul 2019...
Commentary: US businesses increasingly taking a stand on social issues in response to public pressure
Author: Derek Thompson, The Atlantic
"Why are corporations finally turning against the NRA?" 26 February 2018...
Disney & Walmart among co's partnering with UK Govt. to invest in new technologies to tackle supply chain slavery
Author: Umberto Bacchi, Thomas Reuters Foundation
A $23 million venture fund aiming to tackle the threat of forced labour in big businesses with the help of tech startups was launched on Tuesday, backed by brands from Disney to Walmart....
- Related stories: New venture fund launched to invest in innovative solutions promoting transparency & responsible supply chains
- Related companies: C&A Disney (see Walt Disney) Walmart Walt Disney
Consumer Goods Forum releases new booklet highlighting positive actions of businesses tackling forced labour in global supply chains
Author: Consumer Goods Forum
The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) has...published the 2nd edition of its Business Actions Against Forced Labour booklet, highlighting the positive actions of CGF members as they tackle forced labour in their global supply chains. [Members of The Consumer...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
B Corp movement should further integrate human rights to achieve goal of transforming capitalism, say researchers
Author: Joanne Bauer & Elizabeth Umlas, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Do Benefit Corporations Respect Human Rights? Fall 2017...
The Trump administration has formally announced the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programme, which had protected nearly 800,000 young undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation and provided them...