Headquarters in China
Author: Observer Research Foundation
“Environmental effects of Chinese projects in Myanmar”, 15 April 2020...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Government must consider social and environmental impacts of BRI projects, expert says
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Power Investment Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings (UMEHL) Wanbao Mining
Author: Zarni Mann, The Irrawaddy
"Myanmar Protesters Force Sagaing Govt to Block Chinese Copper Mine", 30 September 2019...
- Related companies: Wanbao Mining
Myanmar: Police detains two villagers seeking to block eviction on land claimed by China-operated copper mine
Author: Thet Su Aung, Radio Free Asia
"Two Detained in New Letpadaung Mine Protest in Myanmar", 29 March 2018...
Author: Wanbao Mining
...With regard to local resident relocation and land expropriations, Myanmar Wanbao by now has extended 12.36 billion kyats in three rounds providing to the local residents who are impacted by Letpadung Copper Project for their compensation and...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Community residents protest vs. megaprojects due to environment damage and inadequate compensation; company responds
- This is a response from the following companies: Wanbao Mining
Myanmar: Community residents protest vs. megaprojects due to environment damage and inadequate compensation; company responds
Residents of Myanmar town of Letpadung protest against Chinese-operated infrastructure megaprojects and allege that the operations are causing serious environmental damage. Furthermore, residents in the community allege that there have been land...
Myanmar activists, Catholic Church hit Chinese-operated megaprojects due to environmental damage & land expropriation without adequate compensation
Author: Thant Zin Oo & Kyaw Myo Min, Radio Free Asia
"Chinese-backed Megaprojects in Myanmar Continue to Raise Ire of Residents", 14 December 2017...
Report: The Social Responsibility of China's OFDI and NGOs' Engagement - Taking the Myanmar Letpaduang Copper Mining Project as an example
Author: Feifei Cai, Jinfei Yue, Jialin Zhang & Jiyan Chen, Social Resource Institute (SRI)
…[T]his research identified Myanmar as the targeted country and the [Letpaduang Copper Mining Project] (LCMP) as an example to explore social and environmental law and policy framework as well as social and environmental impacts of FDI in Myanmar....