Headquarters in USA
Wells Fargo website: http://www.wellsfargo.com
USA: Bank of America accused of freezing customer accounts after asking about citizenship status; includes company comments
Author: Rob Wile, The Miami Herald
"He's been studying in the U.S. legally for 7 years. Bank of America froze his account anyway," 30 August 2018...
Author: Corrections Accountability Project
On April 6, 2018, the administration announced a "zero tolerance" immigration policy that requires every undocumented adult immigrant and asylum seeker in the U.S. to be criminally prosecuted under federal law... The "zero tolerance" immigration policy...
Author: Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo respects the seriousness of our country's ongoing debate about the criminal justice and immigration system. As indicated in our Human Rights statement, Wells Fargo recognizes that governments have the duty to protect human rights, and our...
- Related stories: USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- This is a response from the following companies: Wells Fargo
USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
In May 2018, the Trump administration announced that it would increase prosecutions of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the US-Mexico border and implemented a “zero tolerance” policy intended to deter new migrants with the threat of jail sentences...
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Citigroup policy prohibits business clients from selling firearms to customers under 21 & those not passing a background check
Author: Tiffany Hsu, The New York Times
"Citigroup sets restrictions on gun sales by business partners," 22 March 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related companies: Alphabet American Outdoor Brands Corporation Bank of America BlackRock First National of Nebraska Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase PNC Financial Services Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc. Wells Fargo YouTube (part of Alphabet)