Headquarters in USA
Wells Fargo website: http://www.wellsfargo.com
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Citigroup policy prohibits business clients from selling firearms to customers under 21 & those not passing a background check
Author: Tiffany Hsu, The New York Times
"Citigroup sets restrictions on gun sales by business partners," 22 March 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related companies: Alphabet American Outdoor Brands Corporation Bank of America BlackRock First National of Nebraska Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase PNC Financial Services Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc. Wells Fargo YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
Wells Fargo response re Drummond & paramilitary violence in Colombia & financing for cluster munitions
Author: Wells Fargo
... Wells Fargo strives to engage only with business customers that respect human rights and takes human-rights abuse allegations very seriously. We conduct enhanced due diligence for corporate customers in industries that present higher social and...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: Wells Fargo
Author: Judith Samuelson, Quartz at Work
By any measure, Larry Fink’s letter to CEOs this year is a game changer... Fink in his letter excels at both clarity and simplicity: “To prosper over time, every company must not only deliver financial performance, but also show how it makes a...
- Related stories: CEO of Blackrock investment firm calls on companies to make positive contributions to society
- Related companies: Amazon.com Uber Volkswagen Wells Fargo
COP23: Coalition of business, NGOs & energy experts unveil new measures to accelerate renewable energy transition
Author: James Murray, Business Green
"COP23: World leaders urged to strengthen renewables action plans", 10 Nov 2017...