Headquarters in USA
Wendy's was part of Wendy's/Arby's Group from 2008 to 2011.
USA: Wendy's targeted to buy tomatoes from growers following strict labour standards as part of Fair Food Program
Author: Noam Scheiber, The New York Times
"Why Wendy's Is Facing Campus Protests (It's About the Tomatoes)", 7 March 2019...
- Related companies: Wendy's
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Campbell Soup Coca-Cola Costco Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dr Pepper Snapple Group General Mills Hershey Hormel International Paper Kellogg Kraft Heinz McDonald's Molson Coors Mondelēz International PepsiCo Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Reckitt Benckiser SJM Starbucks Tyson Walmart Wendy's WestRock YUM!
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Bringing rights home: Four reasons why the US must act to curb rights abuses by companies domestically, not just abroad
Author: Gregory Regaignon, North America Researcher & Research Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The US Government, led by the State Department, is preparing a National Action Plan on responsible business practice...a huge opportunity to address responsibility for companies’ impacts on society in a comprehensive way. It could enable the...
Author: Andrew Adam Newman, New York Times (USA)
"Beauty Brand Creates Campaign to Combat Mental Illness", 27 Nov 2014...
USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers and its allies have long urged companies that source from Florida tomato farms to sign the Fair Food agreement, which gives workers greater protections against forced labour and other abuses, and guarantees them a...
Author: Julie Jargon, Wall Street Journal
McDonald’s Corp. is gearing up for more action on the part of a fast food workers group that’s been criticizing the company for paying low wages...A McDonald’s spokeswoman...said, “Our focus remains on our valued employees and the career opportunities...
- Related stories: Fast food worker strikes over living wages in US & other countries USA: McDonald's facing further protests for better wages, letter from intl. union of food workers calling for company to respect core labour & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Burger King KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Wendy's YUM!
Author: Joel Makower, GreenBiz.com
Today, McDonald’s announces that it will begin purchasing verified sustainable beef in 2016, the first step on a quest to purchase sustainable beef for all of its burgers worldwide...[Getting to this point involved] engaging the global beef industry,...