Member of UN Global Compact
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
Author: Anuja Nadkarni, Stuff (NZ)
"Poverty amid prosperity, what businesses are doing to help", 8 October 2017...
- Related companies: Westpac
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Author: Paul Karp, The Guardian (UK)
The Adani Carmichael coalmine is not needed to support the economy, the Westpac chief executive [Brian Hartzer] has said in defence of his bank's decision not to finance the mine....Westpac's decision to set a climate policy...was based on its...
- Related stories: Australia: Westpac rules out loan to Adani Group’s coal mine, prompts govt. criticism; incl. companies statements
- Related companies: Adani Group Westpac
Author: Joshua Robertson, The Guardian (UK)
Australia's big four banks have all ruled out funding or withdrawn from Adani's Queensland coal project, after...Westpac the country's second-largest bank, released a new climate policy on Friday, saying it would limit lending for new thermal coal...