Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Sasja Beslik, Ethical Corporation (UK)
" Why Nordea’s responsible investment funds have dropped Facebook" 23 Mar 2018. ...
- Related stories: 50 million Facebook profiles of US voters harvested by data firm to aid Trump presidential campaign
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Facebook Instagram (part of Facebook) Twitter Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
Author: Frankfurter Rundschau
Im Streit um die Nutzung von WhatsApp-Daten hat Facebook eine Niederlage vor dem Hamburgischen Oberverwaltungsgericht (OVG) kassiert. Laut der Entscheidung der Richter darf der US-Konzern vorerst keine personenbezogenen Daten deutscher WhatsApp-Nutzer...
Author: Li Tao & Andrew Barclay, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
"Tencent denies storing WeChat records after Chinese billionaire reportedly questions monitoring", 2 January 2018...
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Press Trust of India
Cameroon: Access Now & local civil society urge telecommunications companies to restore internet access
Following government-ordered internet shutdowns targeting Anglophone regions of the country, Access Now and local NGOs urged telecommunications companies to restore internet access. We invited Orange, MTN and Nexttel/Viettel to respond. Orange's...