Williams Sonoma website: http://www.williams-sonoma.com
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
Responsible Sourcing Network...surpassed 100 signatories to the RSN Cotton Pledge...The growing number of...brands and retailers publicly committing to avoid Uzbek cotton communicates to the Government of Uzbekistan that the apparel industry does not...
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel American Eagle Outfitters Ann Taylor ASDA (part of Walmart) Berkshire Hathaway Burberry Carrefour Carter's Columbia Sportswear Eddie Bauer Eileen Fisher Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gucci (part of Kering) H&M J.C. Penney J.Crew Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kohl's Levi Strauss Li & Fung Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Macy's Marimekko Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nordstrom Oshkosh B'Gosh Patagonia Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Redcats (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Reebok (part of adidas) Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Sam's Club (part of Walmart) Target TJX Walmart Walt Disney Williams Sonoma
Author: Kathy Chu and Michelle Yun, USA Today
…Lan Yimin represents the new generation of Chinese factory workers…While she's following in her parents' footsteps on the assembly line, unlike them, she's less willing to…toil away for meager pay and benefits. She has more job options and better...
Workplace Equality Takes Center Stage with Record Number of Companies Rated in HRC’s 2011 Corporate Equality Index
Author: Human Rights Campaign
A record 844 American companies and law firms have been rated as part of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2011 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a survey that assesses American workplaces on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality....
- Related stories: USA: Record number of companies rated in Human Rights Campaign 2011 Corporate Equality index on workplace LGBT equality practices
- Related companies: 3M AFLAC AT&T Bed Bath & Beyond Best Buy Coca-Cola Dillard's DirecTV Dr Pepper Snapple Group Foot Locker Google (part of Alphabet) News Corporation PetSmart Target Tyson Western Union Williams Sonoma Winn-Dixie
Author: Aaron Bernstein, Pensions & Capital Stewardship Project, Labor & Worklife Program, Harvard Law School [USA]; Christopher Greenwald, ASSET4 [Switzerland]
This paper offers an initial building block required for the development of social factor investment analysis. Using ASSET4 data on 2,508 global corporations, we benchmark public LHR policies relating to global supply chains... The goal is to build...
- Related stories: Study of all sectors, regions finds supply chain labour & human rights policies are "becoming the norm" for large companies
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain/"Fair trade" - an introduction
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tesco Walmart Williams Sonoma
Author: Dexter Roberts & Pete Engardio, with Aaron Bernstein, Stanley Holmes, Xiang Ji, Business Week
...[M]ajor American retailers and name brands have answered accusations that they exploit "sweatshop" labor with elaborate codes of conduct and on-site monitoring. But in China many factories have just gotten better at concealing abuses. Internal...
More than a dozen manufacturers, retailers, and shipping companies have announced the Clean Cargo Environmental Performance Survey for shippers to gauge their carriers’ environmental management performance and address the environmental impacts of their...
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry
- Related companies: APL Limited (part of Neptune Orient Lines) Atlantic Container Line Chiquita Del Monte Foods Evergreen Group Evergreen Marine (part of Evergreen Group) General Motors Great White Fleet (part of Chiquita) Hapag-Lloyd Group Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA K Line Mattel New United Motor Manufacturing (joint venture General Motors & Toyota) Nike NYK Line OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) P&O (part of Dubai World) P&O Nedlloyd (joint venture between P&O and Royal Nedlloyd) Royal Nedlloyd Starbucks Teragren Toyota Williams Sonoma
Author: Free Burma Coalition
Three major U.S. companies have implemented bans on buying and retailing products from Burma on account of rampant human rights abuses by the country's ruling military regime. Crate and Barrel, Jos. A Bank, and Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH) informed the...
Author: Global Exchange
20th Company in 14 Months to Cut Business Ties Reveals Burma is "New South Africa" - Pottery Barn, a home furnishings store owned by San Francisco-based Williams Sonoma company has announced to the Free Burma Coalition (FBC) that the company has broken...