Wolverine World Wide
Wolverine World Wide website: www.wolverineworldwide.com
Malaysia: Labour group works with brands to address forced labour found in garment factory investigations
Author: Steven Greenhouse, The Guardian
"NGO's softly-softly tactics tackle labor abuses at Malaysia factories", 22 June 2019...
- Related companies: Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Honsin Apparel (part of Prolexus) Knit Textile Manufacturing Nike Perindustrian Shunhon Primark (part of Associated British Foods) SP Garments Target Tracksmith Variety Wholesalers Whitex Garments Wolverine World Wide
USA: Several co.s to face class action lawsuit over waste dumping practices allegedly harmful for health; co.s deny allegations
Author: Sheena Butler-Young, Footwear News (USA)
"Merrell, Saucony Parent Facing More Than 90 Lawsuits Stemming From Waste Dumping Practices", 28 Feb 2018...
China: About 50 labour activists detained by authorities, 7 criminally detained among which 5 were charged & sentenced
"After detaining seven labor activists for more than a month, on January 8 the Chinese government formally arrested four of the activists. Their names are Zeng Feiyang, Zhu Xiaomei, and Meng Han (all of the Panyu Workers Center), and He Xiaobo (of the...
- Related stories: China: At least 19 labour activists detained by authorities, China Labor Watch releases statement on those who assisted Lide Shoe Factory workers
- This is a non response from the following companies: Wolverine World Wide
Author: Dominican Today [Dominican Rep.]
Owners and operators of 52 Free Trade Zone companies have launched an education process for their employees about preventing AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, instead of conducting mandatory HIV tests…Hanes, D. Wolverine, Wacoal, First...
Author: China Labor Watch
Kingmaker Zhuhai manufactures footwear products for several shoe companies, including Clarks and Skechers...In order to speed up production, supervisors often verbally harass workers...sometimes even beating workers...Work-related injuries are not...
Author: China Labor Watch
[report details violations of labour laws, denial of freedom of association, use of toxic chemicals in production, child labour] [refers to Timberland, Skechers, Clarks, Stride Rite, Wolverine (Wolverine World Wide)]
- Related stories: China Labor Watch alleges Timberland supplier Kingmaker Footwear violates freedom of association & other labour rights, uses child labour
- Related in-depth areas: Labour - an introduction
- Related companies: Clarks Kingmaker Footwear Skechers Stride Rite Timberland Wolverine World Wide
Five young sweatshop workers have been jailed after they rioted when a Taiwan-owned shoe factory [Stella International] making American brand name goods refused to pay salaries... [refers to Stella, Brown Shoe, Wolverine World Wide, World, Timberland,...