Zale (part of Signet)
Zale was acquired by Signet in May 2014.
US retailers can now buy gold from conflict-free mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo says the Responsible Artisanal Gold Solutions
Author: Juliane Kippenberg & Jo Becker, Human Rights Watch
"Jewelers CAN Trace Their Gold - Gold from Conflict-Free Mines in Congo Sold in US Jewelry Stores", 2 November 2018...
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Modern slavery Natural Resources
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Goldcorp Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Jewelers Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Janet H. Cho, Plain Dealer (USA)
"Signet Jewelers adopts policy to promote more openness and trust in the diamond supply chain", Feb 16, 2016...
Enough Project working with Tiffany, Signet Sterling & other leading jewellers to source gold from conflict-free mines in central Africa
[video refers to Macy's, Tiffany, Kay (part of Signet), Zales (part of Signet)]
Author: Tilde Herrera, GreenBiz.com
More than 50 jewelers, including Tiffany & Co., Zale Corp., and Jostens, have now signed on to a campaign launched in 2008 to boycott gold from a controversial mining project in Alaska's Bristol Bay watershed...The U.S. Environmental Protection...
Author: Michael Allen, Wall Street Journal [subscription required]
International pressure helped end a vicious civil war [in Angola]…by strangling the ability of rebels to trade diamonds for weapons. Angola is now a leading member of the…Kimberley Process... But a visit to Angola's diamond heartland reveals that...
Author: Associated Press
Zale Corp. announced that it not only is boycotting precious metals from the Pebble Mine, but supports permanently protecting the Bristol Bay watershed from large-scale metals mining… "We believe gold should be mined and refined in a manner that...
This report is an evaluation of the efforts made by jewelers towards responsible sourcing of precious metals. It is based on responses to a survey sent to the jewelers that had signed on to the Golden Rules by mid-February 2009 and to other large...
- Related stories: Report evaluates jewelers progress in promoting socially and environmentally responsible mining – 60 firms endorse principles for ethical sourcing
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Amazon.com Anglo American Berkshire Hathaway Boucheron (part of Gucci) Brilliant Earth Carlyle Group Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Costco Cred Jewellery Finlay Fine Jewelry Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Herff Jones J.C. Penney Jostens Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kohl's Kroger Leber Jeweler Liberty Media Macy's Meijer Neiman Marcus Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Sears Signet Jewelers Target Tiffany TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Associated Press
[Zale Corp] has agreed to settle a pregnancy bias discrimination lawsuit...The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission announced the settlement Thursday...The commission said it brought the lawsuit on behalf of Christina Kantarzis, a pregnant...
- Related companies: Zale (part of Signet)