Related stories and components
Southern Africa: SADC region losing billions in trade-related illicit outflows & external government debt payments every year
Author: Action for Southern Africa
‘The Money Drain: How Trade Misinvoicing and Unjust Debt Undermine Economic and Social Rights in Southern Africa’ September 2019...
- Related stories: Reports raise concerns about Vedanta's human rights & environmental impacts
- This is a non response from the following companies: Vedanta Resources
Author: L'Obs avec AFP
« Pollution au plomb en Zambie 25 ans après la fermeture de mines, selon HRW », 23 août 2019...
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa
Zambian victims to file class action lawsuit against Anglo American South Africa over suffering caused by lead poisoning
Lead exposure around a former lead and zinc mine in Zambia is having disastrous effects on children’s health, according to Human Rights Watch. The Zambian government should promptly clean up the contamination and ensure proper treatment for all who...
Author: Anahit Miridzhanian, Le Monde
« L'Ouganda et la Zambie nient avoir espionné des opposants avec l'aide d'employés de Huawei », 19 août 2019...
- Related companies: Huawei Technologies
In a report to the UN Human Rights Council, the European-Third World Centre (CETIM) details allegations of worker's rights abuses in Glencore's operations in multiple countries including Bolivia, Canada, Australia, Zambia, Colombia, and the Democratic...
The Wall Street Journal claims Huawei Technologies staff helped Zambia & Uganda govts. spy on opponents; company denies allegations
Author: Joe Parkinson, Nicholas Bariyo & Josh Chin, The Wall Street Journal
"Huawei Technicians Helped African Governments Spy on Political Opponents"...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Leigh Day seminar highlights Lungowe v Vedanta case and its impact on future legal liability of corporations
Author: Leigh Day
"Lungowe v Vedanta: perspectives from the front line", 31 Jul 2019...
- Related stories: Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re water contamination, Zambia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Vedanta Resources