Envíos y despachos
Related stories and components
India: Over 30,000 seafaring Indian workers stranded on ships for months as COVID-19 pandemic halts travel home
Author: Times of India
"Stranded on ships, 200,000 seafarers struggle in coronavirus limbo", 19 July 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
USA: CEO statements on race & police misconduct are important, but now corporate political power is needed to pass legislation
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review
"What CEOs Still Haven’t Said About Race and Policing", 18 Jun 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: BlackRock Boeing Citigroup Coca-Cola IBM Merck Toyota
Seafarers "forced" to work with expired contracts as govts. demand supplies, close borders amid COVID-19 pandemic
Seafarers are amongst those workers experiencing the disruption caused by travel bans implemented by governments hoping to stem the spread of the COVID-19. Reports have surfaced that workers are having to continue to work under expired contracts as th...
Author: Kate Whitehead, South China Morning Post
“‘Prisoners at sea’: stuck on board cargo ships, crews find their mental well-being under threat”, 2 May 2020...
UAE: Wages further delayed to Alco Shipping workers as labour courts close under quarantine; incl. co. comments
Author: Nick Webster, The National (UAE)
"Coronavirus: Forgotten sailors stranded at sea face long wait to return home," 15 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers Migrant workers
- Related companies: ALCO Shipping Services
USA: Truckers worried they won't be able to get home if they get COVID-19 on the road; a few companies know how to help
Author: Rachel Premack, Business Insider (USA)
Terrified truckers have no idea how they'll get home if they catch COVID-19 on the road — and major trucking companies don't either, 7 April 2020 ...
- Related stories: USA: Truck drivers face plummeting pay, higher risk amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: FedEx J.B. Hunt Knight-Swift Transportation Landstar System Marten Transport Old Dominion Freight Line Schneider National TFI International UPS XPO Logistics YRC Worldwide
Author: La Raza
“Autoridades demandan a empresas de entregas que protejan a sus trabajadores” – 28 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: FedEx UPS
Human Rights at Sea reports lack of concerted & collaborative effort by shipping industry in developing & applying policies in line with UNGPs
Author: Human Rights at Sea
“A Challenging Review of Maritime Industry support for Business and Human Rights”, 4 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry
Author: La Izquierda Diario
“Huelga de trabajadores de Amazon en centros logísticos de Alemania durante el Black Friday”- 29 de noviembre de 2019...
- Related companies: Amazon.com