Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Al Jazeera
Dozens of workers from sub-Saharan Africa are feared killed, and hundreds are in hiding, as angry mobs of anti-government protesters hunt down "black African mercenaries," according to witnesses… Hundreds of black immigrants from poor African countries...
Autor(a): Melik Özden, CETIM's Human Rights Programme, Permanent representative to the U.N.
The aim of this Report is to analyse the problems posed by mercenarism. We also describe the measures already taken or proposed, in particular within the United Nations, to stamp out this phenomenon which has a detrimental impact on the enjoyment of...
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on conflict & peace Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights NGO Private military & security companies
- Empresas relacionadas: Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group ArmorGroup (part of G4S) Blackwater DynCorp Executive Outcomes G4S L-3 Communications Lonrho MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Sandline International
Efforts to end trade in conflict minerals advanced last week when 11 African countries endorsed an OECD system for the responsible sourcing of minerals. Mining ministers from the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) agreed 30...
Autor(a): Finnwatch & Swedwatch
…The makeITfair project sees it as crucial that the views and suggestions of those most dependent on mining and aff ected by insecurity in Eastern DRC are taken into account when corporate decisions on this issue are taken…The UN Group of Experts on...
- También se encuentra en: Dem. Rep. of Congo: NGO report says electronic companies should work with civil society to curb the link between conflict and mineral trade
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Empresas relacionadas: Traxys
Autor(a): Resource Consulting Services
The following briefing note presents the view of Resource Consulting Services (RCS) on section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (the Act), which affects companies buying ‘conflict minerals’ from the Democratic...
- Áreas detalladas: Business tools and guidance
Autor(a): Resource Consulting Services, sponsored by UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MINBUZA), and the Crisis States Research Centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
The report's recommendations are principally focussed on what the international community can do to support and progress the implementation of transparency processes in EDRC's [Eastern Dem. Rep of Congo] minerals trade. The recommendations also include...
- También se encuentra en: New report assesses efforts to prevent minerals trade from funding armed groups in Eastern Dem. Rep of Congo, and outlines recommendations
- Empresas relacionadas: AMC Group Malaysia Smelting Traxys
Autor(a): Jérôme Ndereyimana, Inter Press Service (IPS)
Les entreprises burundaises, qui prennent en charge et soignent leurs employés atteints du SIDA, n'y voient que des avantages, les patients étant moins sujets aux maladies opportunistes qui coûtent cher à soigner. Ils sont moins souvent absents, les...
- Empresas relacionadas: Heineken