Campaña "BBVA sin armas" protesta ante la junta de accionistas del banco por su presunta presencia en empresas que fabrican armamento controvertido - se refiere a empresa fabricando armas vendidas en Libia
Centro de Estudios por la Paz J.M.Delàs, Observatorio de la Deuda en la Globalización (ODG), SETEM (España), 11 marzo 2011
Historias y componentes discutidos en las áreas detalladas
Autor(a): Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
FIDH and LDH filed a criminal complaint, together with an application to join the proceedings as a civil party against persons unknown before the Court in Paris concerning the responsibility of the company Amesys, a subsidiary of Bull, in relation to...
- También se encuentra en: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) France: FIDH & LDH file criminal complaint against Amesys alleging complicity in human rights violations committed by Gaddafi regime in Libya
- Áreas detalladas: Complicity Latest Legal News Libya Technology and telecommunication
- Empresas relacionadas: AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Bull (part of Atos)
Autor(a): Conflict Risk Network
A group of institutional investors...sent a letter this week to Italian oil firm Saras S.p.A., urging it to ensure its products do not facilitate violence committed by Muammar Qaddafi’s regime in Libya..."They have a responsibility to respect human...
- Áreas detalladas: Americas Americas Civil society recommendations to governments Complicity Conflict & peace Killings, threats & other abuses Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on UNGPs Libya Middle East & North Africa Mining Oil & gas Uses of UN Guiding Principles: Investors
- Empresas relacionadas: Saras
Autor(a): Farah Stockman, Boston Globe [USA]
[A youth training project that] the first lady of Syria, Asma Assad, hired [Monitor Group] to take on...collapsed in March amid...[a] vicious government crackdown that human rights activists say has killed more than 1,400 people, including many...
Autor(a): RT [Russia]
Libya might soon turn into a goldmine for private security firms. Reports say that the UK is already hiring mercenaries to protect the interests of the big corporations there, once Colonel Gaddafi goes. But the fresh history of the previous NATO-led...
- También se encuentra en: Libya: Commentary by David Isenberg regarding responsibility to protect & the role of private security companies
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on conflict & peace Libya
Autor(a): Mary Robinson, Institute for Human Rights and Business
[There are] at least two areas of pressing need where corporations should play a role in ensuring better protection [of employees] in the future. First, employers, joint venture partners, and buyers must undertake stronger human rights due diligence,...
Autor(a): "BBVA sin armas" - Centro de Estudios por la Paz J.M.Delàs, Observatorio de la Deuda en la Globalización (ODG), SETEM [España]
La campaña "BBVA sin armas"…ha participado esta mañana…en la Junta General de Accionistas del BBVA, donde ha puesto en evidencia…la continuada relación entre este banco español y la producción de armas controvertidas…A pesar…de que éste ha puesto en...
Autor(a): Migrant rights
Thousands of Asian migrant workers have been left to ‘fend for themselves’ in riot-hit Libya after their employers abandoned them. Many of these workers work as unskilled labourers in the construction sector…Kabir, who was working for a foreign...
- También se encuentra en: Libya: Intl. companies have allegedly abandoned migrant workers from developing countries to fend for themselves
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on conflict & peace Libya NGO
Autor(a): Hugh Wheelan, Responsible Investor
US institutional investors have called on oil giants including BP, Shell, Exxon Mobil and ConocoPhilips with business in Libya to halt revenue payments to the government and pay them into an escrow account after the shooting of hundreds of protesters...
Autor(a): Al Jazeera
Dozens of workers from sub-Saharan Africa are feared killed, and hundreds are in hiding, as angry mobs of anti-government protesters hunt down "black African mercenaries," according to witnesses… Hundreds of black immigrants from poor African countries...