República Democrática del Congo
El diamante pierde brillo
John Carlin, El País, 21 febrero 2010
Las empresas locales y la paz: el potential de construcción de paz del sector empresarial nacional - Resumen ejecutivo
International Alert, octubre 2006
Historias y componentes discutidos en las áreas detalladas
Autor(a): Resilinc, on PRweb
“High Tech Companies Weigh Merit of Conflict Minerals Reporting Automation”, 6 January 2015...
- También se encuentra en: Companies sourcing from Dem. Rep. of Congo increase efforts to comply with upcoming US conflict mineral reporting deadline
- Áreas detalladas: Conflict minerals Democratic Republic of Congo Latest news on conflict & peace
- Empresas relacionadas: Juniper Networks
Autor(a): Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
Intel...says its processors are now free of minerals from mines held by armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. [This decision] is the fruit of four years of work by the company to determine the sources of four crucial metals widely used...
- También se encuentra en: US appeals court hears oral arguments in lawsuit by business orgs. against conflict minerals rule
- Áreas detalladas: Democratic Republic of Congo Latest news on conflict & peace
- Empresas relacionadas: Intel
Autor(a): Jamila Trindle, Foreign Policy (USA)
A years-long effort to make U.S. companies disclose the use of minerals from war-torn African countries could finally go into effect this year...unless business groups...can get a court to toss it out...[National Association of Manufacturers, US...
Autor(a): Enough Project
Although substantial progress has been made in supply chain reform and demilitarizing mines in the DRC, gaps in the mineral certification process threaten to undermine these advances, a new Enough Project report argues. The report...uses recent field...
- También se encuentra en: Africa: Enough Project new report urges Great Lake Region to complete its mineral certification process
- Áreas detalladas: Democratic Republic of Congo
This briefing paper provides an overview of the due diligence efforts of 186 companies that are listed in Europe and make use of the minerals covered by Dodd Frank 1502. The information they make publicly available regarding their approach to the issue...
Autor(a): Global Witness
Global Witness applauded the decision...to uphold the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) final rule for Dodd Frank Section 1502...“The court’s ruling on Section 1502 is a major victory for human rights and corporate accountability...Yesterday’s...
Autor(a): Andrew Zajac, Bloomberg (USA)
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission rule requiring companies to disclose whether any “conflict minerals” are used in their products was upheld by a federal court in Washington...dismissing a challenge to the reporting requirement brought by...