Demandas y acciones regulatorias: General
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Elliot J Schrage, formerly senior vice-president of global affairs at Gap, teaches at Columbia Business School and Columbia Law School, in Financial Times
[refers to recent California Supreme Court decision that Nike can be sued for false advertising over publicity campaign seeking to dispel reports that Nike goods were produced at Asian sweatshops] -...In future, companies will need to move way from...
- También se encuentra en: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses)
- Empresas relacionadas: McDonald's Nike Reebok (part of adidas) Shell
Autor(a): Ronnie Morris, Business Report [South Africa]
Summonses on behalf of 36 former asbestos workers were issued in the Johannesburg high court yesterday against four mining companies [African Chrysotile Asbestos, Msauli Asbes, Gencor and Hanova Mining]...for damages amounting to R25 million for...
Autor(a): Lawrence Messina, Charleston Gazette [West Virginia, USA]
The owners and managers of the Hooters restaurant in Charleston routinely grope, proposition and abuse the women who work there, a Kanawha Circuit lawsuit filed Monday alleges...The suit also alleges that Cornett was a racist who fired women for giving...
- Empresas relacionadas: Hooters
Autor(a): Reese Ehrlich, San Francisco Chronicle
In an attempt to kill coca leaf -- the raw material for cocaine -- Colombian planes are using a U.S.-manufactured herbicide near the border with Ecuador...But residents of San Francisco 2 want the spraying stopped. In February, they filed a class...
- También se encuentra en: DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador)
Autor(a): Finance Sector Union [Australia]
The Federal Court of Australia today ruled that the ANZ Bank had breached the law by disciplining a worker who spoke to the media in her capacity as an elected trade union official.
Autor(a): Herald Sun [Australia]
A national union chief has won a Federal Court case against one of the big four banks after she was threatened with the sack for speaking to the media about industrial issues. Finance Sector Union (FSU) national president Joyce Buckland today won a...
Autor(a): BBC News
Three people affected by asbestos cancer have won a groundbreaking case for compensation in the House of Lords...They were appealing against previous rulings by the Court of Appeal and the High Court denying them compensation on the basis that they...
- También se encuentra en: Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa)
Autor(a): Nancy Cleeland, The Age [Australia] / Los Angeles Times
A group of United States retailers, including Gap, J. C. Penney and Target, suffered a setback this week when a federal judge ruled that thousands of garment workers on the Pacific island of Saipan could sue the companies and their contracted factories...
- También se encuentra en: U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) U.S. court rules Saipan garment workers can sue U.S. retailers as a class over sweatshop issues (Gap, J.C. Penney, Target, Lane Bryant, the Limited, Abercrombie & Fitch, Talbots, Levi Strauss)
- Empresas relacionadas: Gap Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH)