Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Rights and Resources Initiative
[N]ew research reveals a slowdown in the recognition of community forest land rights in developing countries over the last six years. Despite some high-profile wins, less new legislation has been passed since 2008 than in the preceding six years...None...
- También se encuentra en: Panel de discusión sobre el papel del sector privado en el fortalecimiento de los derechos comunitarios sobre la tierra (Londres, 5 de febrero)
- Empresas relacionadas: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank Nestlé Rio Tinto SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sinar Mas Group Unilever Vedanta Resources Wilmar International
Autor(a): Business Call to Action
Leading Swedish and Indian companies gathered in New Delhi…to share examples of how businesses have developed innovative models…[to] contribute to development outcomes, and ensure that the poor are included in economic activities as consumers,...
Autor(a): compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
World Water Week was held 1-6 Sep 2013 in Stockholm, Sweden. Events & news related to companies included: [articles citing actions by Coca-Cola, Olam, H&M, Unilever, SABMiller, Borealis (joint venture International Petroleum Investment Company...
Autor(a): Virginie Moriaux, Trends-Tendances (Belgique)
Shurgard…avait installé un système d'écoute et d'enregistrement des appels téléphoniques de ses collaborateurs afin d'améliorer la prise en charge des clients. Décision qui avait provoqué un tollé de protestations parmi les organisations syndicales qui...
Enact developed a short movie to provide an overview of recent developments in the field of business and human rights. The movie had its premiere at one of the network meetings and was very well received. The movie has since been used in Enact’s...
Autor(a): Robert Kropp, Social Funds [USA]
A report from the Responsible Sourcing Network finds that leading companies in the information and communications industry have undertaken initiatives to ensure that their supply chains are free of conflict minerals, but few other industry sectors have...
- También se encuentra en: Report finds information & communication industry makes progress eliminating conflict minerals from supply chain while other industries remain behind
- Áreas detalladas: Implementation of US Dodd-Frank Act rule on conflict minerals: Commentaries, guidance, company actions Latest news on conflict & peace
- Empresas relacionadas: Ford
Autor(a): Amy Goodman, Southern [USA]
[scroll down page for Wal-Mart response and other material] Wal-Mart workers launched the first strike against the giant retailer in its 50-year history, with protests and picket lines…across 12 states. Many of these nonunion workers are facing...
- También se encuentra en: Walmart workers launch 1st ever strike - they demand end to retaliations against workers trying to organise
- Áreas detalladas: Harassment & intimidation Interference with right to form trade unions Latest news on freedom of association Retail Transport USA
- Empresas relacionadas: RoadLink Transportation Solutions (part of RTS Holdings) RTS Holdings Walmart