Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
2011 was a difficult and often dangerous year for workers throughout the world, with those who dared stand up for their trade union rights facing dismissal, arrest, imprisonment and even death. That in essence is the picture that emerges from the...
- También se encuentra en: ITUC releases "Annual Survey of Violations of Trade Union Rights" - finds 76 killed in 2011 for trade union activities
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on freedom of association
Autor(a): US Dept. of Labor
This report contains information on the worst forms of child labor and efforts to eliminate this exploitation in 125 independent countries and a summary report on 19 nonindependent countries and territories...The report focuses exclusively on the worst...
- También se encuentra en: India, Bangladesh & the Philippines lead the world in number of products made by child labourers according to US Dept. of Labor report
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on Children
Autor(a): Geoffrey York, CTV News [Canada]
[T]he…rebellions in Egypt and Tunisia… – and, a few days after the convention, in Libya – have shown the risks of relying on autocracy. Two of Canada’s biggest companies, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. and Suncor Energy Inc., suddenly found their reputations...
Autor(a): Lisa Curtis, Peter Davis, Canan Gündüz, Andrew Ockenden, Thomas Pedrick, Tony Vaux, Joost Van Der Zwan - The Donor Committee for Enterprise Development
...The aim of this publication is to help PSD [Private Sector Development] practitioners to make better and timelier interventions in conflict affected environments (CAEs)...a peaceful society is one where there is sustained, durable stability and...
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on conflict & peace
Autor(a): Ashraf Hassanein, Gideon Lundholm, Graham Willis, Corrie Young - Canadian Centre for the Study of Resource Conflict, Royal Roads Univ. [Canada]
[summary of report's findings:]...[The] adoption of voluntary CSR policies by Canadian oil, gas, mining and exploration companies with international interests is remarkably low. Among the companies that have adopted CSR policies, a significant majority...
Autor(a): UN Commission on Human Rights
In a resolution...on human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises...the Commission requested the Secretary-General to appoint a Special Representative on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other...
Autor(a): United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI), Intl. Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), with articles by John Bray (Control Risks Group), Jason Switzer (IISD), Mareike Hussels (UNEP FI), Daniel Wagner (Asian Development Bank), Michael Kelly (KPMG)
[refers to Barclays, Standard Chartered, Lloyd's of London, Gerling, Freeport-McMoRan, International Waters]
- También se encuentra en: Report on role of financial sector in conflict prevention & resolution, by UNEP & Intl. Institute for Sustainable Development
- Áreas detalladas: Conflict prevention Finance International organizations
- Empresas relacionadas: Barclays Freeport-McMoRan Gerling Group Lloyd's of London Standard Chartered