Intimidación y Amenazas
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Union de Trabajadores Comerciales y de Alimentos (UFCW)
La Junta Nacional de Relaciones del Trabajo (NLRB) ordenó una nueva elección en la planta Nebraska Beef en Omaha, Neb., al sancionar a la compañía por violar los derechos de sus trabajadores...violaciones incluyen [la] interrogación ilegal de...
- Empresas relacionadas: Nebraska Beef
Autor(a): India Resource Center
Student coalitions on college and university campuses [in the UK and USA] have been focusing efforts to ban the sale of Coca-Cola products on campuses because of Coca-Cola's adverse human rights, labor and environmental practices in Colombia and India....
- También se encuentra en: Students Campaign to Ban Coca-Cola Products on Campuses [UK, USA]
- Empresas relacionadas: Coca-Cola
Autor(a): Sofia Echo [Bulgaria]
...Gama...[operating] in Ireland, allegedly has for years been making its migrant workforce work excessive hours...[Irish MP Joe Higgins] alleged that Gama had been stealing millions by underpaying migrant workers...In a statement Gama insisted that...
Conclusions from an independent workplace assessment conducted in Colombia for The Coca-Cola Company reveal a workplace environment where labor and human rights are respected and protected. [also refers to Panamco Colombia (part of Coca-Cola FEMSA),...
- También se encuentra en: The Coca-Cola Company Releases Findings From Workplace Assessments of Six Bottling Plants in Colombia - Corrective Action Plan to Address Environment, Health and Safety Infractions
- Empresas relacionadas: Coca-Cola Coca-Cola FEMSA Compania Internacional de Bebidas y Alimentos S.A. Panamco (see Coca-Cola FEMSA)
Autor(a): Oakland Ross, Toronto Star
...one person's harmless little goldmine is someone else's worst vision of the Apocalypse..."We are not going to do one thing to hurt that town," says [Metallica Resources President & CEO Richard] Hall. "There is nothing about this project that's...
Autor(a): Scott Leith, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
In the United States, a collection of activists — mostly union members and college students...— have steadily gained support for the view that Coke hasn't stopped violence against union organizers [in Colombia]... Coke vehemently denies the claims —...
Autor(a): Bretton Woods Project
Emissions from the Karachaganak oil and gas field have resulted in serious environmental health problems in nearby Russian and Kazakh communities. Critical environmental information has also been withheld and local activists have met with harassment by...
- También se encuentra en: Emissions from Karachaganak oil and gas field causing serious environmental health problems in nearby communities, critical environmental information withheld, says Crude Accountability.
- Áreas detalladas: Environment - An introduction
- Empresas relacionadas: AGIP (part of Eni) BG Group (part of Shell) Chevron Eni Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) Lukoil
Autor(a): Peter Brieger, Financial Post [Canada]
The Supreme Court yesterday rejected Wal-Mart Canada Corp.'s fight to keep a "union prevention handbook" away from the labour board probing its conduct during union drives in Saskatchewan. The country's top court refused to hear Wal-Mart's argument...
- Empresas relacionadas: Walmart
Autor(a): Amnesty International
Carlos Humberto Guarquez, prominent member of [an] indigenous rights group...local mayor Dominga Vásquez and her husband journalist Alfonso Guarquez, have received death threats in an apparent effort to intimidate them into stopping their opposition to...
- Empresas relacionadas: Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp)
Autor(a): Baku-Ceyhan Campaign
A report published today...reveals an investigation into BP's Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline has uncovered evidence of human rights abuses, including violations of international fair trial standards in Turkey... Friends of the Earth International Finance...
- También se encuentra en: Turkey: Human rights abuses incl. unfair trial related to BP's Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline, according to report by Friends of the Earth & other NGOs
- Empresas relacionadas: BP