Freedom of association
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Premal Balan, Business Standard [India]
It could be more labour trouble brewing for the management of Amalgamated Plantations Private Limited (APPL) an associate company of Tata Global Beverages Limited (TGBL), as a second complaint by labourers there has raised issues of undue compensation,...
- Áreas detalladas: Worker Rights Consortium report re alleged anti-union activities of Palermo's
- Las siguientes empresas no respondieron: Jackson Lewis
- Áreas detalladas: USA: Report raises concerns about IMO-certified Theo Chocolate's alleged anti-union activities
- Esta es la respuesta de las siguientes empresas: Theo Chocolate
Autor(a): Cerrejón Coal
Cerrejón respects freedom of association as recognized by the 14 Collective Bargaining Agreements achieved together by the Sintracarbón union, our requirements to the Cerrejón’s contractors, and the absence of criticism to the company´s respect to this...
- También se encuentra en: Colombia: Amnesty Intl. says trade union leaders negotiating with Cerrejon Coal have been threatened
- Esta es la respuesta de las siguientes empresas: Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore)
- Áreas detalladas: Deutsche Post DHL - re alleged anti-union activity in Turkey
- Empresas relacionadas: DHL (part of Deutsche Post)
Autor(a): Katie Plichta, Dimitri Phillips, and other Members of the Stanford Colloquium on International Business Practices, under the direction of Stanford Prof. Chip Pitts, in collaboration with Cody Sisco and Blythe Chorn of Business for Social Responsibility and with input from the Global Compact Human Rights Working Group and Supply Chain Advisory Group.
This Note is focused on what businesses can do to better support workers in their supply chain, including through supporting workers’ assertion of their human rights. As such, it is relevant to both the corporate responsibility to respect human rights...
…The security and safety of our employees is a top priority for Nestlé in Colombia and elsewhere in the world. We categorically reject any type of violence or intimidation against any employee of our company. On the specific cases mentioned by Amnesty...
- También se encuentra en: Colombia: Amnistía Internacional denuncia amenazas de muerte por parte de paramilitares contra sindicalistas, entre ellos, de Nestlé Members of union of Nestlé employees threatened with death by paramilitaries, says Amnesty International.
- Esta es la respuesta de las siguientes empresas: Nestlé
Autor(a): Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC CSI IGB), IndustriALL Global Union, Clean Clothes Campaign, UNI Global Union
The right to join or form a trade union and the right to bargain collectively are established human rights falling within the scope of almost every business enterprise in almost every situation or context...Business responsibility with respect to these...
- También se encuentra en: Paper on UN Guiding Principles & workers' rights, by intl. unions & NGO
- Áreas detalladas: Labour Latest news on freedom of association Practical guidance Supply chain
- Empresas relacionadas: adidas Asics Berkshire Hathaway Compagnie Mauricienne de Textile (CMT) GDF Suez (now Engie) New Balance Nike Puma Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway)
Autor(a): Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, Global Compact Network Kenya, Kenya Private Sector Alliance, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, Kenya Association of Manufacturers
The Roundtable discussions highlighted key areas of high risks to human rights for companies operating in East Africa, as well as possible responses. Issues covered included equal treatment of the region's manifold ethnic groups, protection of the...