Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Burma Campaign UK
[Companies on the list: Abercrombie & Kent, Adventures Abroad, Alcatel, Alexander Rose, Andrew Brock Travel, Aon Corporation, Aquatic, Arnold Laver Timberworld, Asean Explorer, Asia Optical, Audley Travel, Lauda Air (part of Austrian Airlines), Ben...
- También se encuentra en: New list of companies directly, indirectly linked to Burma, additions incl. Lloyd’s of London, Rolls Royce, Ericsson, Alcatel, Swift
- Empresas relacionadas: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Abercrombie & Kent ABN Amro Adventures Abroad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alexander Rose Aon Austrian Airlines British American Tobacco Carnival Citibank (part of Citigroup) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Ericsson Fodors (part of Random House) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Ivanhoe Mines (pre-2012 - now Turquoise Hill Resources) Japan Airlines Kajima Leeward Capital Lloyd's of London Marubeni Mitsui Nippon Oil Noble Caledonia Norton Rose Orient Express P&O (part of Dubai World) Pan Macmillan (part of Macmillan) Penguin Random House Petronas PricewaterhouseCoopers Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Schlumberger Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Suzuki Swift (co-operative) Timbmet Total Unocal (part of Chevron) Willis WPP Yangon Airways
Autor(a): The Dominion Post [New Zealand]
[New Zealand]: SRI [socially-responsible investment] is very low in absolute terms, and low per capita when compared with Australia, Britain and the US. [refers to Enron]
- Empresas relacionadas: Enron
Autor(a): John Carey & Sarah R. Shapiro, BusinessWeek
Consensus is growing among scientists, governments, and business that they must act fast to combat climate change...[M]any companies that have cut emissions have discovered, often to their surprise, that it saves money and spurs development of...
Autor(a): Associated Press
Union Pacific, the nation's biggest railroad, was cited by The Times as an example of how railroads repeatedly denied their own responsibility at fatal grade-crossing crashes.
- Empresas relacionadas: Union Pacific
Autor(a): NGO Working Group on EDC [Export Development Canada], Halifax Initiative Coalition
[T]his discussion paper proposes a framework, based on best practices, for mainstreaming human rights concerns into all stages of the project cycle [for projects supported by export credit agencies, World Bank, IFC and other public international...
- También se encuentra en: Major report on how human rights impact assessments should be conducted for projects backed by export credit agencies, World Bank, IFC, etc.
- Empresas relacionadas: Nortel Networks
Unibanco is the first Brazilian – and the first emerging market – bank to start complying with the Equator Principles.
- Empresas relacionadas: Itaú Unibanco
Autor(a): Associated Press
[USA] Nearly a decade after he lost his job, a former Amtrak electrician was awarded $500,000 in a racial discrimination lawsuit he filed against the company.
- Empresas relacionadas: Amtrak
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- También se encuentra en: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Empresas relacionadas: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group (part of Shell) BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Equinor (formerly Statoil) Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Sarantis Spirent Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
Autor(a): Owen Tudor, Head of the TUC European Union and International Relations Department, member of the ICFTU delegation
The International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU) sent a fact finding mission to Iraq from 14-25 February 2004. The mission was designed to identify developments in the Iraqi labour movement, and to assess what practical support the world...