Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- También se encuentra en: Calls for inclusion & engagement as So. Africa hosts Investing in Mining Indaba
- Áreas detalladas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Latest news on tax avoidance Mining
- Empresas relacionadas: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers (part of Anglo American) ENRC (part of Eurasian Resources Group) Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Autor(a): John Ahni Schertow, IC Magazine
The story of Indigenous Rights is often a tale of tragedy and loss. Even with the exponential growth of the Indigenous Peoples movement over the past ten years, Nation States around the world are carrying out... offenses like never before. Corporation...
Autor(a): Kuzeeko Tjitemisa, New Era (Namibia)
'Coca-Cola workers up in arms', 12 Dec 2014: Workers of Namibia Beverages [joint venture Coca-Cola Sabco & Namibia Development Corp.], the producer and bottler of Coca-Cola in Namibia, demonstrated....to express their unhappiness with the way they...
Autor(a): Theresia Tjihenuna, Namibian
[Business and Human Rights Resource Centre invited Salini Impregilo to respond; no response was provided] Workers at Salini Impregilo, the Italian company contracted to the Neckartal Dam project...are claiming abuse at the hands of their Italian...
- Empresas relacionadas: Salini Impregilo
Autor(a): Rupert Neate, Guardian (UK)
Global trade union IndustriAll...accused Rio [Tinto] of "very wide breaches of fundamental rights" and said the...mining company could have done more to prevent the 41 deaths last year. Kemal Özkan, assistant general secretary of IndustriAll, said the...
- Empresas relacionadas: Rio Tinto