Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Sabrina Tavernise, New York Times
Tobacco companies are pushing back against a worldwide rise in antismoking laws...[by] warning countries that their tobacco laws violate an expanding web of trade and investment treaties, raising the prospect of costly, prolonged legal battles, health...
Autor(a): Fiona Southward, International Peace Information Service (IPIS)
Ten years after the launch of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) this paper is the first in a two part series providing an overview of where the Kimberley Process (KP) and international efforts to combat the trade in conflict diamonds...
[Business & & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Barclays to respond. Response provided.] Barclays bank is now reported to be the largest retails bank in Africa…[R]apidly rising commodity prices have resulted in a steady increase in foreign...
- También se encuentra en: ActionAid accuses Barclays of promoting use of tax havens to businesses in Africa, not contributing to responsible investment & sustainable development
- Empresas relacionadas: Associated British Foods Barclays HSBC Lloyds SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Standard Chartered
Autor(a): International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute
This new IBAHRI report addresses tax abuses from the novel perspective of human rights law and policy. Based on extensive consultation from diverse perspectives, the expert Task Force offers insight into the links between tax abuses, poverty and human...
- También se encuentra en: Intl. Bar Association Human Rights Institute's report addresses tax abuse from poverty & human rights law perspectives
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on tax avoidance
Autor(a): UN Global Compact
As a key agent of change, companies can make a critical contribution to economic development, peace and stability in the areas where they operate...Companies provide jobs and revenue to a local economy. They can set an example of sustainable business...
- Áreas detalladas: Latest news on conflict & peace Peacebuilding
- Empresas relacionadas: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group APG Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Bavaria (part of SABMiller) China Development Bank Eni F&C Asset Management Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Interconexión Eléctrica (part of ISA Group) ISA Group LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Movistar (part of Telefónica) Nestlé Pacific Exploration & Production (Now Frontera Energy) PGGM Robeco SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safaricom SEB Shell Telefónica