Negocios durante el apartheid
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Klaus Botzet - Legal Adviser & Consul General, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Washington, DC
Please find enclosed a statement of the German Government in response to the questions raised by the court in the Balintulo et. al. v. Daimler AG et. al. litigation, which has been filed with the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Autor(a): Charles Glover, Financial Times
...[O]f the former gulag enterprises, Norilsk [Nickel] is one of the few that acknowledges its past, partly because its infamy as a prison camp is so well known...While both...Yuzhny Kuzbass [part of Mechel]...and Evraz...steel groups have departments...
Autor(a): Asa Sokopo, Daily Dispatch Online [So. Africa]
THOUSANDS in the Eastern Cape have come forward as complainants in a multi-billion dollar class action lawsuit against some of South Africa’s top international firms. The firms, which include Mercedes- Benz (Daimler), IBM, General Motors and Ford, will...
Autor(a): Yasmine Gado, BADIL Resource Center
One of the most important legal challenges today is the battle to hold transnational corporations (TNCs) accountable for their involvement in human rights violations. Efforts are currently being made by a variety of actors in what is referred to as the...
- También se encuentra en: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Israel & Palestine Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Ahava Alstom Caterpillar Chevron Connex (part of Veolia Environnement) Dexia Drummond Elbit Systems Fidelity Investments General Motors Lev Leviev Group Motorola Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Autor(a): Lewis S. Yelin, US Attorney
[Full text of amicus curiae brief filed by US Government in support of the Plantiffs/Appellees in this case, urging court to dismiss the Defendants'/Appellants' appeal for lack of jurisdiction.]
Autor(a): Human Rights Lawyers Association
Apartheid was one of the vilest State-sponsored crimes of the last century. The regime that promulgated apartheid was able to stay in power for over 40 years because it infiltrated every aspect of daily life…To what extent can, or should, corporations...
Autor(a): Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is pleased to invite you to an event featuring leading human rights lawyers: Martyn Day (UK) & Paul Hoffman (US). Both have brought landmark lawsuits against companies. They will be speaking on the same...
- También se encuentra en: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) BP lawsuit (re Colombia) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Corporate Legal Accountability Project - Press Releases Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Anglo American BP Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Cape PLC Chevron Gallaher Gencor (mining) Imperial Tobacco Occidental Petroleum Shell Talisman Thor Chemicals Trafigura Beheer Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart
Autor(a): Christelle Terreblanche, Cape Times [So. Africa]
In a move hailed as a "breakthrough" by victims of apartheid violations, the government has made a U-turn on apartheid-era lawsuits and is now supporting legal action by victims of apartheid violations against multinational companies…This is in direct...
Autor(a): Khulumani Support Group & Lawyers for the Ntsebeza & Digwamaje Plaintiffs
In a move hailed by South Africa’s victims and survivors of apartheid-era gross human rights violations, the South African government has written to the judge presiding over the South Africa Apartheid Litigation claims…that it is now believes that the...
Autor(a): Koordination Südliches Afrika, Kirchliche Arbeitsstelle Südliches Afrika, medico international, Schweizer Kampagne für Entschuldung und Entschädigung KEESA
„Die südafrikanische Regierung… ist jetzt der Ansicht, dass dieses Gericht ein geeignetes Forum für die Anhörung der verbleibenden Klagen wegen Beihilfe zur Verletzung des internationalen Rechts ist,“ schreibt der südafrikanische Justizminister Jeffrey...