Negocios durante el apartheid
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): United States District Court Southern District of New York
- También se encuentra en: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Claims against auto firms, IBM, Rheinmetall to proceed in apartheid lawsuit in USA; claims against Barclays, Fujitsu, UBS dismissed
- Áreas detalladas: Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Barclays Daimler Ford Fujitsu General Motors IBM Rheinmetall UBS
Autor(a): Mena Report
Motorola has sold a controversial unit that produced bomb fuses and other equipment for the Israeli military...The sale rids Motorola of some activities that had made it the target of a growing boycott...No explanation was offered in the media reports...
- Empresas relacionadas: Motorola
Autor(a): Oxford Transitional Justice Research, University of Oxford
A one-day symposium exploring issues of corporate accountability, post-conflict redress and international relations through the lens of the Khulumani et al v. Barclays et al court case underway in the New York Southern District Court....
Autor(a): Richard Meeran, Partner, Leigh Day & Co
The ability to hold multi-national corporations (MNCs) to account legally in the home states of their head office parent corporations, for wrongdoing arising from their overseas developing country operations, is important...In light of the focus of the...
- También se encuentra en: Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Letter to John Ruggie on legal remedies for corporate abuses in So. Africa (Richard Meeran, Leigh Day & Co.)
- Áreas detalladas: 2009 Civil liability Latest Legal News Submissions to UN Special Representative John Ruggie - and responses
- Empresas relacionadas: Anglo American Cape PLC Gencor (mining) Thor Chemicals
Autor(a): Edward Potter & Marika McCauley Sine, Coca-Cola, in Human Rights in Labor & Employment Relations [book] James Gross & Lance Compa, editors
...[The] mindset of American business on human rights since the 1950s has been complex. Business leaders...have consistently taken the position that their internal workplace practices should reflect the normal legislative and regulatory process of the...
Autor(a): International Human Rights Law Clinic, Harvard Law School
Human rights attorneys have filed a lawsuit in New York alleging that five multinational companies collaborated and acted purposefully with the South African government to commit human rights violations...Other claims allege complicity in extrajudicial...
Autor(a): Ralph Hamann, Christoph Schild, University of Cape Town
Companies are likely to face increasing expectations, pressures, and incentives for enhanced due diligence on human rights...In general, South African companies are not in a good position to respond to such increased expectations. Case studies...show...
- También se encuentra en: So. Africa: 'How National Business Initiative can provide support to business on human rights
- Empresas relacionadas: ABB AngloGold Ashanti Sasol
Autor(a): Article 13
In 1978, Barloworld finalised “The Barloworld Rand Group Code of Employment Practice”, a human rights-based code providing equal rights for workers...In essence, the Code embedded the right to non-discrimination and demonstrated that companies could...
- También se encuentra en: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: 60 years on
- Empresas relacionadas: Barloworld
Autor(a): Juliet Hepker, Critical Resource, in Mining Environmental Management
Resource companies face global criticism when they deal with abusive governments. Whether they deserve it depends on their approach. Criticism in recent months of investments by Anglo American in Zimbabwe and Total in Sudan and Burma has added another...