Este contenido es parte de un artículo más largo, pero no está disponible en español. Sin embargo recomendamos que pueda leerlo en el contexto de este texto:
Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) World Congress concludes, Sharan Burrow re-elected as General Secretary
Autor(a): International Trade Union Confederation, Publicado en: 7 December 2018
"THE 4TH ITUC WORLD CONGRESS CONCLUDED IN COPENHAGEN TODAY WITH THE RE-ELECTION OF SHARAN BURROW AS GENERAL SECRETARY OF THE 207 MILLION-MEMBER MOVEMENT", 7 December 2018
...Two candidates, Susanna Camusso and Sharan Burrow, were nominated for the position of General Secretary and Burrow was elected by a close margin.
Five urgent resolutions were passed calling for:
- Human rights and peace in Colombia;
- Solidarity with workers and students in Iran;
- Labour law reforms in Hungary;
- Labour rights and solidarity with independent trade unions in Kazakhstan;
- Freedom for Lula.
...At the conclusion of the World Congress, unions committed to:
- Organise, to create a 250 million member ITUC over the next four years, to build workers’ power;
- A new social contract, where businesses including platform businesses are made to take responsibility for their workers, and a UN Business and Human Rights Treaty;
- A Just Transition to sustainable economies to tackle climate change and keep temperature rises to 1.5 degrees or less;
- Reverse the trend of low wage growth and rising inequality through collective bargaining, increased minimum wages and social protection; and,
- Close the gender pay gap, fight discrimination and racism and take forward action against gender based violence.
...The statement adopted by the ITUC World Congress included four pillars – on peace democracy and rights, regulating economic power, global shifts - just transitions and equality, which set out the ITUC agenda for the next four years....