Miembro del Pacto Global de la ONU
Casa matriz en Sudáfrica
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Todas las noticias
Autor(a): Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 11th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- También se encuentra en: Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: African Rainbow Minerals Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Argor-Heraeus BP Bull (part of Atos) CACI Chevron Ford Gold Fields Harmony Gold Hudbay Minerals IBM Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Neumann Gruppe Talisman Tate & Lyle Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev)
Autor(a): Matthew Mpoke Bigg, Reuters
Ghana plans to present a mining windfall tax bill to parliament, Finance Minister Seth Terkper [has] said... [G]old...accounted for 27 percent of the country's foreign exchange in 2012 and contributed more than $700 million to state coffers...A...
- También se encuentra en: Ghana to table mining windfall tax bill to parliament
- Empresas relacionadas: AngloGold Ashanti Gold Fields
Autor(a): Society for Threatened Peoples (STP), Grufides, Derechos Humanos sin Fronteras and Coordinadora Nacional de Derechos Humanos
…For this report, Society for Threatened Peoples (STP) and the three Peruvian non-governmental organisations Grufides, Derechos Humanos sin Fronteras and Coordinadora Nacional de Derechos Humanos have examined in detail agreements concluded with the...
- También se encuentra en: Peru: Following killing of protester against mining project, govt. & civil society examine contracts between mining firms & police; includes company statements
- Empresas relacionadas: Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) BHP Billiton Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Glencore Gold Fields Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Mitsubishi Group Newmont Goldcorp Teck Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Autor(a): Bishop Jo Seoka, Chair of Bench Marks Foundation
...[On] August 16th 2012...34 workers were killed in a labour dispute with their employer...The often asked question is, “What did this massacre change in the mining industry?”...[Bench Marks Foundation] and most South African citizens thought that...