Casa matriz en Estados Unidos
Todas las noticias
OPS e IBM colaboran para mejorar servicios de salud y tecnología de información para América Latina y el Caribe
- También se encuentra en: PAHO and IBM Collaborating to Enhance Health Services and Information Technology For Latin America and Caribbean Nations
- Empresas relacionadas: IBM
Autor(a): Business Ethics magazine
[Business Ethics' 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2003; annual rating of U.S. companies; top 10 companies in rank order: General Mills, Cummins Inc., Intel, Procter & Gamble, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Avon Products, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, John...
Autor(a): Greenpeace Canada, ForestEthics and Sierra Club of Canada, BC Chapter
‘Greenward Shift’ a warning for British Columbia’s government and industry: future market share will depend on producers’ environmental responsibility - Environmental groups today applauded the release of a new report demonstrating that major customers...
- También se encuentra en: Global Buyers of Wood Products “Going Green”, IBM Report Shows
- Empresas relacionadas: Home Depot IBM Mitsui Tribune Company
Autor(a): Daniel T. Griswold, Associate Director of Center for Trade Policy Studies at the Cato Institute
...in the last two decades, critics of global capitalism have turned the law [Alien Tort Claims Act] against U.S. corporations doing business in countries whose governments have been accused of human rights and environmental abuses. [refers to lawsuits...
Autor(a): Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Empresas relacionadas: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Autor(a): Elliot J. Schrage, Adjunct Senior Fellow in Business and Foreign Policy at the Council on Foreign Relations, and Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School, in Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
Simply slamming the door on those seeking relief in U.S. courts is bad foreign policy, bad economic policy, and bad legal practice...An effective policy would harness the power of private litigation in U.S. courts as a vehicle for encouraging other...
- También se encuentra en: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Empresas relacionadas: Barclays Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ford Fresh Del Monte Produce Gap General Motors IBM JPMorgan Chase Levi Strauss Pfizer Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor(a): South African Press Association
[lawsuit in U.S. court against companies for past conduct in South Africa] - A non-governmental organisation has filed a lawsuit against 21 multinational corporations and leading international banks for helping prop up the apartheid state...The...
- También se encuentra en: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) NGO sues firms for 'propping up apartheid'
- Empresas relacionadas: Allianz Barclays BP Caltex Citigroup Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) ExxonMobil Fluor Ford General Motors IBM JPMorgan Chase Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Shell UBS
Autor(a): law firm of Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll
Today the law firm of Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll, P.L.L.C. along with other firms in the United States, joins with the South African firm, Abrahams Kiewitz, in filing a complaint that seeks to hold businesses responsible for aiding and...
Autor(a): Susannah Blake Goodman, Jonas Kron & Tim Little, The Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
In this report, we show that fiduciaries who manage funds for institutional investors such as pension funds, foundations and charitable trusts should incorporate environmental factors into their portfolio management policies. [includes reference to...
- Empresas relacionadas: Bank of America Baxter International Chevron Coca-Cola Corning Deutsche Telekom DuPont Ford General Motors Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) IBM ITT Industries Marathon Oil Nestlé Nike Smithfield Foods ST Microelectronics Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Textron Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
Autor(a): Nicol Degli Innocenti, Financial Times
Royal Dutch/Shell, the oil company, is to be cited in a multi-billion-dollar class action lawsuit brought by a team of lawyers on behalf of the victims of South Africa's apartheid regime, a lawyer said on Friday...Shell, which is accused of supplying...