Miembro del Pacto Global de la ONU
Casa matriz en Canadá
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Todas las noticias
Autor(a): BSR (Business for Social Responsibility)
This year may well prove to be a watershed moment for business and human rights. In June, Professor John Ruggie, UN Special Representative for Business and Human Rights, will present his final recommendations for managing business impacts on human...
- También se encuentra en: BSR (Business for Social Responsibility) Review: "Solving the Human Rights Challenge" - items on John Ruggie, Internet companies, business promotion of human rights, etc.
- Áreas detalladas: Business tools and guidance
- Empresas relacionadas: Microsoft Suez Environnement Talisman
Autor(a): Amazon Watch
Historically, large-scale economic and industrial development has taken place without recognition of and respect for indigenous peoples’ rights to lands, territories and resources and has led to their maltreatment, enslavement, malnutrition, disease...
- También se encuentra en: Amazon Watch paper on need for companies to adopt Free, Prior & Informed Consent policy regarding rights of indigenous peoples
- Empresas relacionadas: Chevron Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Muriel Mining Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron)
Autor(a): UN Global Compact
Underscoring the role of business in addressing global threats - from climate change to widespread poverty or humanitarian emergencies - a group of chief executives joined UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in Davos/Switzerland today for the launch of...
- Empresas relacionadas: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Accenture Acciona Aviva BASF Bayer BBVA China Development Bank China Minmetals Coca-Cola Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) Cosco Daimler Deutsche Telekom Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Eskom Fuji Xerox (joint venture Fuji Photo Film & Xerox) Heineken Infosys Intel KPMG Mansour Group Martha Tilaar Group Natura Nestlé Netafim Newmont Goldcorp Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes PricewaterhouseCoopers Qatar Airways Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell Siemens Sumitomo Group Symantec Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Tata Group Telefónica Total Unilever Vale Vestas Wind Systems
Autor(a): Bâtirente, Regroupement pour la responsabilité sociale des entreprises (RRSE)
Bâtirente and the Regroupement pour la responsabilité sociale des entreprises (RRSE) commend Talisman Energy for including the principles of Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC) in their new Global Community Relations Policy. This adoption follows...
- También se encuentra en: NGOs welcome Talisman Energy's new Global Community Relations Policy, which recognizes the principles of Free, Prior and Informed Consent
- Áreas detalladas: Business tools and guidance Free, prior and informed consent
- Empresas relacionadas: Talisman
Autor(a): Brian Ganson, Africa Centre for Dispute Settlement, University of Stellenbosch Business School in Geneva Peacebuilding Platform
Practitioners, scholars and institutional actors focus on the predatory aspects of business in fragile environments (“business and conflict”), as well as on the need for private-sector engagement for jobs and security (“business and peace”). They have...
Autor(a): George Waggott, Lang Michener LLP
It was long argued by corporations and foreign governments that the application of the ATCA…gave jurisdiction to the American courts over non-American companies in foreign countries…[T]he broad interpretation of the ATCA was narrowed in the 2009 case...
Autor(a): Hogan Lovells law firm, for Talisman Energy
We recommend that the Special Representative emphasize the need for States to refrain from violating the human rights enumerated in the treaties to which they have subscribed by recommending a separate Foundational Principle...We further request that...
- Áreas detalladas: Extraterritorial jurisdiction UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Empresas relacionadas: Talisman
Autor(a): [opinion] John B. Bellinger III, former US State Dept. legal advisor, New York Times
For more than a decade, dozens of multinational corporations have been sued in federal courts in the United States for alleged human rights violations under the...Alien Tort Statute. Now these suits may be over. In August...[the New York-based Second...
- También se encuentra en: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Caterpillar Chevron Coca-Cola ExxonMobil Pfizer Rio Tinto Shell Talisman Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
...the second circuit Court of Appeals in New York ruled on September 17th that corporations could not be held liable under the Alien Tort Claims Act for breaches of international law abroad...But the respite may be short-lived. Courts in other...
- También se encuentra en: Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Latest Legal News UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Empresas relacionadas: Dow Chemical Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor(a): Shaun Polczer, Calgary Herald
A long and bitter chapter of Talisman Energy's involvement in Sudan came to a close Monday after the U.S. Supreme Court tossed out an appeal that sought to hold the Calgary-based oil and gas producer responsible for war crimes and genocide in the North...