Academi (formerly Blackwater)
Blackwater changed its name to Xe in February 2009 and to Academi in December 2011
Todas las noticias
Iraq deeply mistrusts private security companies and wants to limit their operations here, officials say, while the contractors themselves have faced bureaucratic delays and detentions. This mistrust stems from perceived arrogant behaviour by employees...
Autor(a): Associated Press
The new owners of the security company formerly known as Blackwater…settled a lawsuit brought by some of the survivors and estates of Iraqis killed during an infamous 2007 shooting in Baghdad. The settlement closes the last lawsuit against the company...
- También se encuentra en: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident)
- Áreas detalladas: Latest Legal News
- Empresas relacionadas: Academi (formerly Blackwater) Blackwater
Autor(a): Terry Baynes, Reuters
A wrongful death lawsuit linked to a defining moment of the Iraq war has ended with the company formerly known as Blackwater [now Academi] agreeing to settle with the families of four security contractors killed in a gruesome 2004 ambush...The lawsuit...
Autor(a): Marie-Eve Lapointe, Revue québécoise de droit international
La multiplication des entreprises militaires et de sécurité privées ainsi que leur implication croissante au sein des conflits armés soulèvent de nombreuses interrogations…[N]ous tenterons de démontrer que la logique commerciale qui prévaut...
- Áreas detalladas: Dernières infos « conflits et paix »
- Empresas relacionadas: Academi (formerly Blackwater) ArmorGroup (part of G4S) Blackwater CACI Control Risks Executive Outcomes Halliburton KBR Kroll Lockheed Martin Northrop Grumman Pacific Architects and Engineers (part of Lockheed Martin) Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman)