Burma: Kachin Development Networking Group calls for halt to Myitsone dam - Oct 2009
Kachin Development Networking Group released a report, "Resisting the Flood: Communities Taking a Stand on the Imminent Construction on Irrawaddy Dams" [PDF], calling for a halt to the Myitsone dam projecton the Irrawaddy River, a joint venture of China Power Investment Corporation, Asia World Company and the State Peace and Development Council of the Burmese military government. Concerns raised include forced displacement, damage to livelihood, and environmental harm.
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited China Power Investment Corporation and Asia World Company to respond to the report as well as the following items:
- “KDNG urges China to halt dam projects in Kachin State," Kachin Development Networking Group, 27 Oct 2009
- "Communities stand up against Chinese dams on Burma’s Irrawaddy," Burma Rivers Network, 29 Oct 2009
Asia World Company response [DOC] 19 Nov 2009
China Power Investment Corporation could not be reached for a response.
Historias y componentes discutidos en las áreas detalladas
- Áreas detalladas: Burma: Kachin Development Networking Group calls for halt to Myitsone dam - Oct 2009 Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Extractives, including oil and mines Southeast Asia Violence & Abuses
- Las siguientes empresas no respondieron: China Power Investment
- Áreas detalladas: Burma: Kachin Development Networking Group calls for halt to Myitsone dam - Oct 2009
- Esta es la respuesta de las siguientes empresas: Asia World Company