Uses of UN Guiding Principles: Investors
UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Uses by investors
- Additional references to Guiding Principles by investors & others, before they were endorsed in June 2011: see
- 2010-11 consultation on draft Guiding Principles and
- this page of other commentaries on Guiding Principles prior to their endorsement
- Applications of UN "Protect, Respect and Remedy" framework by investors and others, identified by UN Special Representative Ruggie during his mandate (Jul 2005-Jun 2011): click here
"Responsible business can help Burma's democratic transition", David Grayson (Cranfield School of Management) for Guardian [UK], 15 Jan 2013
- "Responsible Investment in Burma: The Human Rights dimension", report by Institute for Human Rights and Business, Sep 2012
"Financing Human Rights Abuse: The Role of Public and Private Financial Institutions", BankTrack, ECA Watch, Center for Intl. Environmental Law, Dec 2012
"Towards responsible investment for large scale farming: good practices at the level of private and public investors", Aidenvironment, 28 Oct 2012
"Roundtable Discussion With Investors on UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights" U.S. Department of State, 23 Oct 2012
"Take a closer look: Current practices of Dutch business on human rights", Beco, Human [email protected], Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO), Jun2012
"Standard Life Investments report on business and human rights in the extractives industries", Standard Life Investments, 15 Dec 2011
"Investment firms push oil companies on Syria", Barry B. Burr, Pensions & Investments, 9 Aug 2011
"Conflict Risk Network calls on Italian oil company to ensure it's not fueling Qaddafi", Conflict Risk Network, 1 Aug 2011
[refers to letter by group of institutional investors]
Historias y componentes discutidos en las áreas detalladas
Autor(a): David Grayson (Cranfield School of Management) for Guardian [UK]
[T]he...Institute for Human Rights and Business (IHRB)...has embarked on a multi-year project to help ensure that existing and new investments in Burma are consistent with international human rights standards and best practices...A...briefing paper,...
Autor(a): BankTrack, ECA Watch, Center for Intl. Environmental Law
A complex range of public and private institutions provide financing for both corporate and state activity that is associated with human rights abuse. These financial institutions present an opportunity for the widespread dissemination and...
Aidenvironment is working on a research project to present good investment practices in regard of land use and land acquisition in order to provide guidance to public investors and private investors and stimulate responsible investment in farmland. The...
Autor(a): U.S. Department of State
On October 23, 2012, Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Michael H. Posner hosted a discussion with investors on the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (Guiding Principles). Participants...
- También se encuentra en: USA: Govt. hosts roundtable discussion with investors on UN Guiding Principles
- Áreas detalladas: Americas Uses of UN Guiding Principles: Investors
Autor(a): Institute for Human Rights and Business
This paper offers an analysis of the current political and economic situation in Myanmar, identifies a number of risks companies currently operating and considering investment in the country face, and raises questions that businesses should...
Autor(a): Beco, Human [email protected], Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
This publication['s]...main goal is to give insight into the current status of the implementation of the guidelines in the Netherlands, and to provide further ideas and inspiration. The publication pays attention to the importance of human rights for...
Autor(a): Standard Life Investments
Standard Life Investments, the global fund manager, has issued a report entitled Business and Human Rights which reviews the implementation in the extractives sector of the key aspects of Professor John Ruggie’s Guiding Principles for Business and...
Autor(a): Barry B. Burr, Pensions & Investment
A group of social investment firms plans an e-mail campaign to urge 11 oil companies to either stop operations in Syria or communicate their condemnation of the violent crackdown on protesters to the government…The investors plan to send e-mails to...
Autor(a): Conflict Risk Network
A group of institutional investors...sent a letter this week to Italian oil firm Saras S.p.A., urging it to ensure its products do not facilitate violence committed by Muammar Qaddafi’s regime in Libya..."They have a responsibility to respect human...
- Áreas detalladas: Americas Americas Civil society recommendations to governments Complicity Conflict & peace Killings, threats & other abuses Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on UNGPs Libya Middle East & North Africa Mining Oil & gas Uses of UN Guiding Principles: Investors
- Empresas relacionadas: Saras