Trabajo forzado y formas contemporáneas de esclavitud
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): David Corn, The Nation
...For several years, a small group of lawyers and labor advocates has been trying to hold transnational companies responsible for their actions by suing them in the United States for abetting and/or benefiting from human rights abuses overseas. ...
- También se encuentra en: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Mostrar másMostrar menos
- Áreas detalladas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Empresas relacionadas: Chevron Coca-Cola Drummond DynCorp ExxonMobil Fresh Del Monte Produce Rio Tinto Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor(a): Edward Flood, Deputy Chairman, Ivanhoe Mines
The CLC/ICEM news release accused Ivanhoe of complicity in alleged human rights abuses in Myanmar and urged the company to abandon its investment in the country......
- También se encuentra en: Concern about Ivanhoe Mines joint venture with Burmese military government
- Empresas relacionadas: Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources)
Autor(a): Canadian Labour Congress and ICEM
As the Canadian-based Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.'s holds its annual shareholders meeting today in Vancouver, the Canadian Labour Congress and the International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM) are urging the company to...
- También se encuentra en: Concern about Ivanhoe Mines joint venture with Burmese military government Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Empresas relacionadas: Arco (part of BP) Best Western BP Chevron Eastman Kodak Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Marriott Motorola PepsiCo Unocal (part of Chevron)
A California judge has paved the way for Burmese workers to sue oil giant Unocal over ‘slave labor’ working conditions. Should other multinationals be concerned?
- También se encuentra en: Burma: Boston Globe editorial on lawsuit against Unocal for human rights abuses perpetrated by its military partners in gas pipeline project Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Empresas relacionadas: Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor(a): Jim Lobe, OneWorld US
...a United States discount-clothing retailer with almost 500 stores in 22 states and nearly $3 billion in sales last year [Ross Stores], has decided to sever ties with contractors in Burma in response to pressure from a boycott movement that supports...
- Empresas relacionadas: Ross Stores
Autor(a): Global Exchange
Groups Say Consumers Would Be Shocked to Learn How Bitterness of Exploitation Taints Their Favorite Chocolate - More than 200 religious organizations, labor, consumer, environmental, public health, and human rights groups are calling on M&M/Mars to...
- Empresas relacionadas: Mars