Trabajo forzado y formas contemporáneas de esclavitud
Noticias y componentes con esta categoría
Autor(a): Howard Tolley, Jr. & Anne Lawrence, THRO - Teaching Human Rights Online, Urban Morgan Institute for Human Rights
Burmese villagers brought a class action lawsuit in U.S. District Court charging the consortium with profiting from forced labor. "Doe v. Unocal: Forced Labor and Corporate Liability" presents a legal issue: whether Unocal is liable for the human...
- También se encuentra en: Doe v. Unocal: Forced Labor and Corporate Liability [Burma] Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Empresas relacionadas: Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor(a): U.S. Department of State
- También se encuentra en: U.S. Vows to End Human Trafficking
Autor(a): Fiona Cuthbert, analyst at Morley Fund Management, in Ethical Corporation magazine
Fiona Cuthbert, analyst at Morley Fund Management, talks to Ethical Corporation about the current Burma campaign and what a collective force of £400 billion in assets can do to encourage Corporate Social Responsibility programmes in multinational...
Autor(a): Kelly Burke, Sydney Morning Herald
Imprisoned for her beliefs and forced to make toys for a multinational company:...stamped indelibly on her brain are the faces of 100,000 long-eared, buck-toothed toy rabbits, bearing the Nestlé brand...Ms Zeng and about 130 other prisoners were forced...
- Empresas relacionadas: Nestlé
Autor(a): Global Exchange, Global Exchange Newsletter, Winter 2002
The industry says it will have a program for eliminating child labor in place by July 2004. With child slaves continuing to suffer, this is an outrage...GX [Global Exchange] is launching a campaign targeting the two biggest US chocolate corporations --...
Autor(a): International Confederation of Free Trade Unions
The most dangerous country of all for trade unionists however is Colombia...Elsewhere in the world, trade unionists are also facing death or imprisonment and harassment, notably in Guatemala, where death threats are on the increase, South Korea, where...
- También se encuentra en: International Human Rights Day [regarding human rights abuses against trade unionists]
Autor(a): Ford Motor Company
- También se encuentra en: Ford Releases Nazi Labor Report: Ford Study of German Subsidiary in World War II Shows Company Didn't Profit From Slave Labor
- Empresas relacionadas: Ford