Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Women News Network
Prostitution is currently legal in India, but child prostitution isn’t. Unbelievably brothels that sexually sell children continue to be largely unchecked...With a rising demand for virgins and sex-tourism in illegal sex-industries worldwide the median...
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest news on Children
Auteur: Elliott Prasse-Freeman, Democratic Voice of Burma
Those who celebrate the return of politics in Burma’s formal channels risk, ironically, shutting down real political debate and dissensus before they have even begun. The same way many opponents view Law as an end, Development is here the sacred object...
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest news on conflict & peace
Auteur: US Dept. of Labor
This report contains information on the worst forms of child labor and efforts to eliminate this exploitation in 125 independent countries and a summary report on 19 nonindependent countries and territories...The report focuses exclusively on the worst...
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Today the non-profit Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is launching its first-ever regional briefing: “Business & human rights in South Asia – a round-up of recent developments”...This capsule briefing provides a reality-based snapshot of...
- Egalement dans: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches first regional briefing – business & human rights in South Asia Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal)
- Entreprises concernées: Bahria Town Ballarpur Industries Limited Barclays Bayer Bayer CropScience (part of Bayer) Brandix Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Dell Dow Chemical Forbes Marshall Garib & Garib GlaxoSmithKline H&M Habib Rafiq Hindustan Unilever ICICI IKEA Indian Oil Corporation Jaipur Rugs Merck Metro Group People Tree Posco Reliance Industries RL Denim State Bank of India Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources
Auteur: Norma Erickson, Examiner.com
Merck donated 9,600 doses of the HPV vaccine, called Gardasil to Bhutan...More than 3,000 girls in Paro received the first dose in October 2009. 2981 of these girls received the second dose in December...Bhutan, however, has been closely watching the...
- Entreprises concernées: Merck
Auteur: Gyalsten K Dorji, Kuensel Online [Bhutan]
The Hindustan construction company (HCC)...has denied following any gender discriminatory employment policies...The company recently made headlines when it said that it would not recruit female wet sweepers....on safety and security reasons...Observers...
- Egalement dans: Bhutan: Indian construction firm defends its decision not to employ women
- Entreprises concernées: Hindustan Construction