Directive formulée par le secteur privé
Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Alison Braybrooks, Impact abc in Guardian [UK]
2011 was also a landmark year for business and human rights: John Ruggie's guiding principles were endorsed by the UN Human Rights Council, and then incorporated into the new OECD guidelines, ISO26000 and the sustainability policy of the IFC...The most...
Auteur: Rio Tinto
This guide is written for Rio Tinto employees and managers working on cultural heritage issues. They may be employed explicitly in cultural heritage roles, be members of Communities, Environment or Human Resources departments, or be engaged in projects...
- Egalement dans: Why cultural heritage matters: A resource guide for integrating cultural heritage management into Communities work at Rio Tinto
- Entreprises concernées: Rio Tinto
Auteur: Kate Burgess, Financial Times [UK]
The Association of British Insurers will issue new guidelines…designed to prompt companies to bring more women on to their boards…[I]t said the research would be published in September “to provide companies and investors with a useful benchmark”…The...
Auteur: Alyson Warhurst, Cressie Strachan, Zahed Yousuf & Siobhan Tuohy-Smith, Maplecroft [UK]
[A]pproximately 2.4m men, women and children are internationally and domestically trafficked for the purposes of: commercial sexual exploitation; forced labour; domestic servitude and the removal of organs at any given point in time…Businesses should...
- Egalement dans: Maplecroft releases report on the risks posed to business by the human trafficking industry
- Domaines à la loupe: Business tools and guidance
- Entreprises concernées: Accor Air France KLM British Airways Carlson Citibank (part of Citigroup) Citigroup Delta Air Lines Global Horizons Kuoni Monsanto (part of Bayer) Monsoon Accessorize Safaricom Thomas Cook TUI Travel Vodafone
Auteur: Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO)
Regarding the accident at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, all of our resources are currently focused on the full containment of the situation based on the restoration roadmap that was released on April 17, 2011. Furthermore...TEPCO...firmly...
- Egalement dans: Japan: Expose on labour situation at TEPCO's Fukushima nuclear plant; contract workers most exposed to radiation, new recruits may be from "outcaste" group, no hazard warning in job ads Japan: Video shows "nuclear gypsies" working to repair Fukushima plant with labour activists alleging lack of protection & training of workers
- Domaines à la loupe: Reports on worker complaint at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant - May 2011
- Il s'agit d'une réponse des entreprises suivantes: Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO)
Auteur: Didier Verbruggen, Evie Francq & Jeroen Cuvelier, International Peace Information Service (IPIS).
This briefing paper offers a short description of the ongoing initiatives by legislators, governments, multilateral organizations and industry aiming to ensure that mineral supply-chains are not tainted by conflict in eastern DRC. The paper briefly...
Auteur: UN Global Compact
The UN Global Compact's CEO Water Mandate this week convened its sixth working conference – an event that featured the global release of the initiative's new Guide to Responsible Business Engagement with Water Policy.The Guide...is the first-ever...