Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: CAFOD and Development & Peace
…[T]ests carried out by…Caritas Tegucigalpa and the Honduran government show evidence of dangerous levels of arsenic, cyanide and other heavy metals in water sources flowing close to or from within the mine boundaries...Communities…have complained of...
- Egalement dans: Honduras: NGOs raise concerns of "serious pollution" at Goldcorp's San Martin mine, affecting health of local communities
- Entreprises concernées: Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp)
Auteur: Frank Bajak, Associated Press
Dole Food Co. made regular payments for at least a decade in a banana-growing region to illegal far-right Colombian militias that killed thousands, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed Tuesday…The plaintiffs are relatives of 51 men allegedly...
- Egalement dans: Dole faces lawsuit in USA over alleged payments to Colombian paramilitaries who "killed thousands"
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest Legal News
- Entreprises concernées: Chiquita Dole
Auteur: Colombia Solidarity Campaign
Rio Tinto is currently associated with a highly controversial mining exploration project in Colombia: La Muriel Mining Corporation’s Mandé Norte/Murindó project …On the strength of the testimony of the Comision Intereclesial de Justicia y Paz, the...
- Egalement dans: Colombia Solidarity Campaign submission to UK Joint Committee on Human Rights regarding Mandé Norte/Murindó mining project
- Domaines à la loupe: UK Joint Committee on Human Rights - Inquiry on business & human rights
- Entreprises concernées: Muriel Mining Rio Tinto
Auteur: Cultural Survival [USA]
On March 30, more than a hundred Panamanian police officers in riot gear leveled a Naso village in response to a peaceful protest by Naso and Ngöbe villagers who oppose hydroelectric dams that threaten their homelands. Hundreds of [Naso] people were...
- Egalement dans: Panama: NGO says dam being built by AES displaces Ngöbe villagers "using unscrupulous methods"
- Domaines à la loupe: Indigenous peoples - an introduction
- Entreprises concernées: AES
Auteur: Emma Wilson, Intl. Institute for Environment & Development, for The Forests Dialogue
This discussion paper explores the potential for addressing conflict in the forest sector through the use of company-led tools and mechanisms... The paper offers examples of tools and approaches that are being employed by companies and non-industry...
- Egalement dans: Report urges companies in forest sector to take the lead in resolving conflicts with local people
- Domaines à la loupe: Peacebuilding
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Forest Enterprises Australia (FEA) Great Southern Gunns Mondi (part of Anglo American) Norske Skog PricewaterhouseCoopers Sappi Stora Enso Timberlands
Auteur: Pacha Films for War on Want
…Anglo Americans subsidiary AngloGold Ashanti has been actively exploring in Colombia since 1999. Its presence is fuelling conflict and human rights abuses by the Colombian army…AngloGold Ashanti is the beneficiary of a brutal campaign by state...
- Egalement dans: [video] Profiting from Conflict - Anglo American in Colombia
- Domaines à la loupe: Short videos & news items
- Entreprises concernées: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti
Auteur: Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) & U.S. Office on Colombia (USOC)
...WOLA...and...USOC are pleased to learn that partial steps were taken on February 15th to implement the devolution of illegally and violently usurped lands to their rightful owners in the communities of Curvaradó and Jiguamiandó...the[se].....