Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Colombia has ordered US-based coal producer Drummond to stop loading coal in Colombian ports until the company complies with new environmental rules. Under the regulations, coal exporters will no longer be allowed to use barges and cranes to load ships...
- Egalement dans: Colombia bans Drummond from loading coal in country due to breach of environmental rules Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia)
- Entreprises concernées: Drummond
Auteur: Joel Makower, GreenBiz.com
Today, McDonald’s announces that it will begin purchasing verified sustainable beef in 2016, the first step on a quest to purchase sustainable beef for all of its burgers worldwide...[Getting to this point involved] engaging the global beef industry,...
Auteur: Vincent Cabreza, Inquirer (Philippines)
An [indigenous] Ibaloi family has been granted a writ of possession that allows it to evict the operators of Casa Vallejo, the city’s oldest hotel…The writ…allows the Acops to take possession of lots covered by their ancestral land titles…[under] the...
Auteur: Survival International
After months of campaigning by Survival International…[s]oldiers, field workers from Brazil’s indigenous affairs department FUNAI, Environment Ministry special agents and police officers are being dispatched to notify and remove the illegal settlers,...
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit filed in Uganda against Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe). The plaintiffs allege that Ugandan military officials violently evicted them from their land in 2001 to clear the land...
- Egalement dans: Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda)
- Entreprises concernées: Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Neumann Gruppe
Auteur: Joan Martinez-Alier (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona) & others, Journal of Political Ecology
[Résumé aussi en Français / Resumen también en español] EJOs (environmental justice organizations) and their networks have introduced several concepts to political ecology that have also been taken up by academics and policy makers. In this paper, we...
- Egalement dans: BP lawsuit (re Alaska) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Shell’s declarations over Nigerian oil spills caused by sabotage are untrue, says Amnesty Intl.; company denies allegations Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: Abengoa Bechtel BP Chevron Dole Edison (Italy) Eskom Keystone RV (part of Thor Industries) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Thor Industries Umicore
Auteur: Rights and Resources Initiative
[N]ew research reveals a slowdown in the recognition of community forest land rights in developing countries over the last six years. Despite some high-profile wins, less new legislation has been passed since 2008 than in the preceding six years...None...
- Egalement dans: Panel de discusión sobre el papel del sector privado en el fortalecimiento de los derechos comunitarios sobre la tierra (Londres, 5 de febrero)
- Entreprises concernées: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank Nestlé Rio Tinto SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sinar Mas Group Unilever Vedanta Resources Wilmar International