Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Joan Martinez-Alier (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona) & others, Journal of Political Ecology
[Résumé aussi en Français / Resumen también en español] EJOs (environmental justice organizations) and their networks have introduced several concepts to political ecology that have also been taken up by academics and policy makers. In this paper, we...
- Egalement dans: BP lawsuit (re Alaska) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Shell’s declarations over Nigerian oil spills caused by sabotage are untrue, says Amnesty Intl.; company denies allegations Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: Abengoa Bechtel BP Chevron Dole Edison (Italy) Eskom Keystone RV (part of Thor Industries) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Thor Industries Umicore
Auteur: Rights and Resources Initiative
[N]ew research reveals a slowdown in the recognition of community forest land rights in developing countries over the last six years. Despite some high-profile wins, less new legislation has been passed since 2008 than in the preceding six years...None...
- Egalement dans: Panel de discusión sobre el papel del sector privado en el fortalecimiento de los derechos comunitarios sobre la tierra (Londres, 5 de febrero)
- Entreprises concernées: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank Nestlé Rio Tinto SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sinar Mas Group Unilever Vedanta Resources Wilmar International
Auteur: Community Legal Education Center, Cambodia Center for Human Rights, Equitable Cambodia
The policy brief is based on the Discussion Platform on “Land Issues after the 2013 National Assembly Election and Recommendations” held in Phnom Penh on 12 December 2013... The RGC [Royal Government of Cambodia] should monitor and scrutinize the...
Auteur: Rights and Resources Initiative, Intl. Land Coalition, Oxfam, Intl. Union for Conservation of Nature, Helvetas, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
The lack of clarity and recognition of community land and resource rights across the developing world has become a global crisis, undermining progress on social and economic development, human rights, peace, food security, environmental conservation,...
Auteur: Gabriella Wass & Chris Musiime, IPIS & ActionAid Uganda
In accordance with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, this second report assesses the duty of the Ugandan, British, French and Chinese States to prevent, investigate, punish and redress human rights abuse by businesses. Based on...
- Egalement dans: Report on implementing State duties under the UN Framework on Business & Human Rights for Uganda's oil industry
- Domaines à la loupe: African region Chinese investment overseas Civil society recommendations to governments Extractives, including oil and mines General Judicial remedies Labour issues Land Rights & Displacements Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG Oil & gas Providing guidance to companies State-based
- Entreprises concernées: CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Equinor (formerly Statoil) Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Neumann Gruppe Tullow Oil
Auteur: Richard Schiffman, Sydney Morning Herald
A gold rush is happening in Ethiopia, but it's not a hunt for the yellow metal. It's a quest for the green gold of fertile farmland. A nation more associated with periodic famine…than with agricultural bounty is leasing millions of hectares to foreign...
Farmers and loggers set fire to houses in the reserve located in…Amazonas state. Earlier, members of another tribe - the Tenharim - sought refuge in a nearby military base. Townspeople in the region say members of the indigenous group abducted three...
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 11th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- Egalement dans: Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) PlusMoins
- Domaines à la loupe: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest Legal News
- Entreprises concernées: African Rainbow Minerals Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Argor-Heraeus BP Bull (part of Atos) CACI Chevron Ford Gold Fields Harmony Gold Hudbay Minerals IBM Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Neumann Gruppe Talisman (part of Repsol) Tate & Lyle Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev)