Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Friends of the Earth
A controversial mining development [by Rio Tinto] on the island of Madagascar, billed as a model for future mining projects, is damaging the local economy, exacerbating poverty and threatening unique biodiversity, a new report published today [by Panos...
- Egalement dans: Rio Tinto mine in Madagascar: Panos/Friends of the Earth report raises displacement, poverty & environmental concerns
- Domaines à la loupe: Development and poverty - an introduction Displacement - an introduction
- Entreprises concernées: Rio Tinto
Auteur: Thomas Viehweider, CIEPAC
...en Honduras se está manifestando un avance concreto del Plan Puebla Panamá. Sus costas caribeñas se han vuelto de interés prioritario para las empresas transnacionales de turismo...En este artículo se analizan los impactos sociales para las...
Auteur: Steven Edwards, CanWest News
Canada faces a setback at the United Nations today as the world body prepares to overwhelmingly approve a declaration aimed at recognizing land and other rights of indigenous peoples around the world... The Conservative government says the Universal...
Auteur: Vedanta Resources
[refers to HZL (Hindustan Zinc Limited), BALCO (Bharat Aluminium Company), CMT (Copper Mines of Tasmania), Sterlite Industries (all part of Vedanta)]
- Egalement dans: ActionAid: "Vedanta Cares? Busting the myths about Vedanta’s operation in Lanjigarh, India" Norway's pension fund sells Vedanta shares due to "systematic'" environmental, human rights failures at 4 Indian subsidiaries
- Entreprises concernées: Bharat Aluminium (part of Vedanta Resources) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources
Auteur: Sandra Cuffe, Rights Action
The indigenous Q’eqchi’ community of Barrio Revolucion was among the six groups evicted during three rounds of forced evictions in November 2006 and January 2007...mining company Skye Resources, which acquired the controversial property rights granted...
Auteur: Frank Armstrong, Kingston Whig-Standard [Canada]
If a court were to issue an injunction ordering protesters to stop occupying Crown land near Sharbot Lake that's being explored for uranium, it probably wouldn't yield immediate results, says a Queen's University professor who specializes in aboriginal...
- Entreprises concernées: Frontenac Ventures
Tribal people in Orissa fighting a mining firm project said on Friday they would keep up protests after returning from a shareholder meeting in Britain this week…Vedanta Resources Plc wants to mine the lushly-forested Niyamgiri hills in Orissa...
- Entreprises concernées: Vedanta Resources