Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Tommy Trenchard, Reuters
Police in Sierra Leone opened fire on Tuesday on an armed protest against the expansion of palm oil plantations...by...Socfin Group, a police chief said. The Luxembourg-registered company, part of the business empire of...Vincent Bollore, has been...
Auteur: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Arabic and French versions below] Companies operating across the Middle East must uphold human rights according to a new report by an international human rights organisation. The new report, released today in Arabic, English and French by the Business...
- Egalement dans: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) PlusMoins
- Entreprises concernées: Accenture adidas Africa Israel Ahava Al-Hamad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American Aramex AT&T BAE Systems Blue Coat CACI Carrefour Century Miracle Jordan Citigroup Co-operative Group Emirates Group Etisalat Facebook G4S Google (part of Alphabet) Helwan Fertilizers KBR Lebanese Family Club ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Mekorot Microsoft Millicom Mondelēz International MTV Lebanon Ooredoo Orascom PepsiCo Qatar Airways Saudi Aramco Sekem Solb Misr Spinneys Suez Steel (part of Solb Misr) TeliaSonera Tesco Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vodafone Websense Zain
Auteur: Colombia Solidarity Campaign (UK)
…Colombia Solidarity Campaign has published an Alternative Report about La Colosa, the AngloGold Ashanti gold mining project in Colombia’s municipality of Cajamarca (Tolima)…The report unveils…findings which clearly show that if the production phase of...
- Egalement dans: Colombia: NGO report says AngloGold Ashanti’s project implications to local communities “would be much graver than previously anticipated”
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Entreprises concernées: AngloGold Ashanti
Auteur: Sudeep Chakravarti [Mint]
…Chatham House in London…is fresh from its excellent report, Conflict and Coexistence in the Extractive Industries…And fresh from the three-day UN Forum on Business and Human Rights…is UN Global Compact’s A Business Reference Guide—United Nations...
- Entreprises concernées: Vedanta Resources
Auteur: Club Suisse de la Presse
While sustainable development is generally seen as responsible and just, it is a concept that gives rise to much debate and is more complex than it may at first seem. It is often said that sustainable development should create the conditions necessary...
- Egalement dans: Video of panel discussion by activists from Brazil, Dem. Rep. of Congo & Philippines on social impacts of development projects
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest news on UNGPs
Auteur: Alia Dharssi, University of Toronto (Canada), Thomson Reuters Foundation (UK)
…Led by the Gaia Foundation, which advocates halting mining development worldwide because of environmental and human rights concerns…[protesters] read a statement by the International Women and Mining Network…Activists expressed concern about issues...
Hombres armados amenazaron y dispararon contra una comunidad reclamante de tierras usurpadas por paramilitares y empresarios en el norte de Colombia, tal como denunciaron este miércoles sus acompañantes, entre ellos un abogado, defensores de los...