Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Human Rights Watch
Leading corporate sponsors of the Olympics have yet to speak out strongly against the rights abuses linked to the preparations for the Sochi Winter Games, to be hosted by Russia in February 2014...Minky Worden... Human Rights Watch [said] “Sponsors...
- Egalement dans: Russia: Human Rights Watch urges Olympic sponsors to speak out against rights abuses related to Sochi Games preparations; includes responses from 8 firms including Coca-Cola, GE & Samsung
- Domaines à la loupe: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Entreprises concernées: Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Coca-Cola Comcast Dow Chemical General Electric McDonald's NBCUniversal (part of Comcast) Omega Watches (part of Swatch) Panasonic Procter & Gamble Samsung Visa Inc.
Auteur: EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
...Dmitrii Shevchenko, the deputy coordinator of a member organisation of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, “Ecological Watch in the North Caucasus” (EcoWatch), was detained at Krasnodar airport...The activist was kept in the police station in the...
- Egalement dans: Civil society forum urges Russian Govt. to end persecution of advocates opposing environmental & human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympics construction
- Domaines à la loupe: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
Auteur: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Russia will host the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, 7-23 February. Construction in preparation for the Olympics involves the building of sports venues, hotels, roads, telecommunications systems, transportation hubs, and other major infrastructure...
- Egalement dans: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Entreprises concernées: AT&T
Auteur: Simeon Kerr, Financial Times
Camel racers in the United Arab Emirates are still using 10-year-old boys as jockeys in defiance of a law designed to stamp out the practice, an international campaign group has said. Anti-Slavery International found boy jockeys, some as young as 10,...
- Egalement dans: Ukrainian Trade Union Federation lists companies that have not paid employees' salaries - list includes Kolomyjskiy Plant.
- Il s'agit d'une non-réponse des entreprises suivantes: Kyivskyj ipodrom
Auteur: Ukrainian Trade Union Federation
[Original article in Ukrainian; title translation, and following summary of the article's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre] During the last three months, unpaid salaries have significantly increased in Ukraine. On 1...