Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: UN Global Compact
Four hundred chief executives worldwide have publicly declared their commitment to implementing the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) over the last two years, as UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and Michelle Bachelet, Executive Director of UN Women...
Auteur: UN Global Compact
As a global initiative with local signatories, Local Networks have positioned themselves as countrywide platforms that are locally owned and driven by business, yet oriented to the needs of a wide range of stakeholders. Grounded in the cultures and...
- Domaines à la loupe: Business tools and guidance
Auteur: Ben Shore, BBC
To think of maternity leave as a straightforward benefit to a new mum is wrong. European policy makers need to balance not just their desire to provide security for mothers, and to ensure they do not damage their careers, but also how far to encourage...
- Domaines à la loupe: Key reports
The parents of an Icelandic child suffering from leukaemia are investigating their legal rights in preparation for a lawsuit against a power company which they blame for their five year-old daughter’s illness. The parents want to sue Reykjavik Energy...
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest Legal News
Vedanta Resources…has come under international scrutiny for its plans for a bauxite mine and the expansion of its Lanjigarh alumina refinery…The UN protect, respect and remedy framework makes clear that companies have the responsibility to respect...
- Egalement dans: EIRIS publishes best practice recommendations for Vedanta to address investor concerns over alleged human rights impacts in India Protest at Vedanta annual meeting against plan to mine India hills allegedly sacred to indigenous tribe - firm says tribe supports mine
- Domaines à la loupe: Business tools and guidance Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Entreprises concernées: Alcoa Anglo American Bharat Aluminium (part of Vedanta Resources) BHP Billiton BP PGGM Rio Tinto
Auteur: Fiona Harvey & Clive Cookson, Financial Times
The long-term effects of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico are likely to be small, a group of leading scientists said yesterday, but some of the clean-up methods may be doing more harm than good. Their views contradicted those of the White House,...
- Domaines à la loupe: Human rights impacts of oil pollution: US Gulf Coast
- Entreprises concernées: BP
Auteur: Alister Doyle, Reuters
African nations led by Somalia, Mauritania and Sudan have the most precarious water supplies in the world while Iceland has the best, according to a survey…that aims to alert companies to investment risks. The ranking, compiled by British-based risk...