Coups et violence
La Colombie est l'un des endroits les plus dangereux du monde pour les syndicalistes
Amnesty Intl., 3 juillet 2007
Maroc: zéro de conduite sur toute la ligne en matière de normes du travail
Confédération internationale des syndicats libres (CISL), 13 juin 2003
Histoires et éléments mentionnés dans ce domaine à la loupe
Auteur: Clean Clothes Campaign
In 2012, twelve workers were accused of extortion and terrorism under the Pakistani Anti-Terrorist Act for engaging in union activities. Six of them were arrested and severely tortured at a local police station in Karachi. They were later released on...
Trade unionists in Colombia are consistently subjected to violence and persecution. The latest victim at a peaceful demonstration is the president of CUT and SINTRAELECOL-Caldas, Arturo Oscar Orozco. He was brutally attacked and remains in hospital in...
Auteur: Maquila Solidarity Network
On May 15…four masked men in a van kidnapped worker rights defender José Enrique Morales Montaño, a member of the Worker Support Centre (CAT) in Puebla, Mexico...as he was on his way to a hearing of at the Local Conciliation and Arbitration Board where...
Auteur: ProDesc [México]
…El 15 de mayo de 2012…cuatro personas encapuchadas…secuestraron al defensor de derechos humanos laborales José Enrique Morales Montaño, miembro del Centro de Apoyo al Trabajador (CAT)…[cuando] se dirigía a una audiencia…a propósito del trabajo que el...
Auteur: International Textile, Garment and Leather Workers’ Federation (ITGLWF)
The…[ITGLWF] has strongly condemned the brutal campaign waged by employers on workers and unions in Faisalabad, Pakistan…the ITGLWF’s General Secretary Klaus Priegnitz said “In July this year workers in Faisalabad were forced to go on strike to secure...
Since September 15, thousands of workers have been on strike at Grasberg, in West Papua, the world’s largest gold mine. Grasberg is exploited by PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI), a branch of the US-based company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold. The...
Auteur: Intl. Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Union (ICEM)
ICEM…sent a delegation to Indonesia from 30 October to 2 November at the request of the PT Freeport Indonesia Workers’ Union...to investigate the stalemated labour dispute and strike by their mineworkers at the Grasberg mine of Freeport-McMoRan in...
Auteur: Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
One of the leaders of a strike by oil workers in western Kazakhstan has been shot in an apparent rubber-bullet attack, the latest in a string of similar assaults on strikers or journalists covering the walkout…Estai Qarashaev…[said] he was summoned…by...
- Egalement dans: Stan-TV journalists covering strike by oil workers in Kazakhstan are attacked, deputy chief editor says it is "most likely" connected with their professional activities
- Domaines à la loupe: Beatings & Violence Interference with right to strike Kazakhstan Oil, gas & coal
- Entreprises concernées: OzenMunayGaz
Auteur: Human Rights Watch
Carta a la Fiscal General Morales...Tengo el agrado de dirigirme a Ud. con el fin de retomar el diálogo sumamente constructivo que mantuvimos...en la cual abordamos el problema de la impunidad de la violencia contra sindicalistas en Colombia.....
- Egalement dans: Colombia: Human Rights Watch study finds "virtually no progress" in obtaining convictions for killings of trade unionists
- Domaines à la loupe: Asesinatos Colombia Golpizas y violencia
Auteur: Stephen Foley, Independent [UK]
European companies…are facing criticism from [Human Rights Watch]…for allegedly exploiting weak labour laws in the US and bullying employees to prevent them from joining unions…In a report…the campaign group says that managers at Tesco's…Fresh &...
- Egalement dans: USA: Human Rights Watch accuses European companies of exploiting weak labour laws to prevent US employees joining unions
- Domaines à la loupe: Beatings & Violence Dismissals Interference with right to form trade unions Interference with right to strike USA
- Entreprises concernées: Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) G4S Saint-Gobain T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tesco