Travailleurs migrants et immigrés
Histoire et composants dans cette catégorie
Auteur: Stefania Bianchi, Inter Press Service
Employers in developing countries are sacrificing workers' rights to attract foreign investment, says a report...[by Intl. Confed. of Free Trade Unions, ICFTU]
- Egalement dans: Labour: Developing Countries 'Trading Rights for Investment'
Auteur: Michael Sheridan, Sunday Times [UK]
For years the sprawling factories of southern China have provided cheap labour for the world’s toy makers. Their profits could be under threat, however, after the authorities last week announced a clampdown on sweatshop conditions to head off a...
Businesses in South Africa are among the global leaders in addressing AIDS...But the disease is fast moving to India...China and Russia. Judging by South Africa's experience, AIDS may soon move rapidly up the corporate agenda in those countries, too. ...
Auteur: AccountAbility, Business for Social Responsibility
[includes case studies on Danone, Ben & Jerry’s (part of Unilever), British American Tobacco, Starbucks]
- Egalement dans: How can companies in agriculture, finance, mining & pharmaceuticals best contribute to economic development & poverty alleviation? Reports by AccountAbility & Business for Social Responsibility
- Entreprises concernées: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) British American Tobacco Danone Starbucks Unilever
Auteur: International Finance Corporation
...With funding from the Canadian development agency CIDA, IFC has commissioned from Golder Associates an HIV/AIDS Resource Guide for the mining sector - a resource for developing stakeholder competency in mining communities in Southern Africa. The...
- Egalement dans: Small African mining firms lag in fight against AIDS - IFC handbook launched to assist them
- Entreprises concernées: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Assmang (joint venture between Assore and African Rainbow Minerals) Barclays DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eskom Gold Fields Harmony Gold Joy Global Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Kumba Resources Namdeb (joint venture De Beers, Namibia Govt.) P&H Mining (part of Joy Global) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Standard Chartered Unilever Western Areas