Toutes les histoires
Auteur: Aarthi Gunnupuri, Equal Times
Over 1200 factories, where 90 per cent of the 500,000 workers are women, function on the outskirts of the city. For decades, the women in these factories have worked in exploitative conditions, earning a minimum monthly wage as low as 4000 rupees ...
Auteur: Superior Court of the State of Delaware
[Full text of court's opinion dismissing the lawsuit.]
- Egalement dans: US judge dismisses lawsuit against Children's Place, J.C. Penney & Walmart over fatal garment factory collapse in Bangladesh
- Entreprises concernées: Children's Place J.C. Penney Walmart
Bangladesh : Un nouvel incendie dans une usine textile souligne le manque de progrès des marques pour garantir la sécurité des ouvriers
Auteur: Clean Clothes Campaign, International Labor Rights Forum, Maquila Solidarity Network, & Worker Rights Consortium
The Clean Clothes Campaign, the International Labor Rights Forum, the Maquila Solidarity Network, and the Worker Rights Consortium are deeply disturbed to hear of another serious fire breaking out at a garment factory in Bangladesh – the factory...
Auteur: Adam Matthews, Newsweek
At first glance, Tirupur, aka “Knit City,” appears to be an exemplar of how globalization can improve the developing world...The garment industry here in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu earns billions of dollars annually, employs about a half...
Auteur: Shannon K. O'Neil, Council on Foreign Relations
On April 24, 2013, the Rana Plaza factory...collapsed in Dhaka, Bangladesh...Rana Plaza highlights both the best and the worst of what globalization and global supply chains bring to developing countries...This trade has helped fundamentally change...
- Egalement dans: Bangladesh safety accord unveils its website - provides information on factory's infrastructure & workers Bangladesh: Four months on, families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse still waiting for adequate compensation Bangladesh: Survivors and families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse began receiving compensation Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 PlusMoins
- Domaines à la loupe: The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Entreprises concernées: Associated British Foods Daewoo Group Gap Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Inditex J.C. Penney United Colors of Benetton Zara (part of Inditex)